Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Access Granted, Please Enter

The McCrea Family lives in Stone Canyon, a gated community in the hills above San Marcos. For anyone who lives in Stone Canyon, these familiar words, "Access Granted, Please Enter", are heard whenever you approach the massive gate that swings open after you enter the correct password.

Last night, I drove up and was granted access. It struck me that the Kingdom of Heaven is just like that massive wooden gate.

King David was inspired by God to write about it in Psalm 103:19. "The LORD has established his throne in heaven, and his kingdom rules over all."

In The Gospel of Matthew, Jesus said that some will be denied access. "For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the Kingdom of Heaven" (5:20). "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the Kingdom of Heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven" (7:21).

As Val's father, my confession is simple. I will forever lift my eyes to Calvary and praise the name of the God of Heaven for He has given me a gatecode that will never expire. The righteousness of his beloved Son, Jesus.

Although, I am not today in his Literal Kingdom, I am a child of God Most High, a resident of this far country we call Earth. I am here only for a season to bring praise and honor to His name.

Today I am traveling through what appears to me a dark valley. But, as King David wrote in Psalm 23, The Lord Jesus is right here with me. And He is listening to the prayers of all the Saints on behalf of my beloved Daughter Valerie.

Thank you, dear ones for all your prayers!

posted by Richard Sloan

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Val and Chris

Robert and I are praying for you and your family. Val, it really is inspiring to see your smiling face in the pictures - Keep smiling and leaning on Jesus.

6:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are an amazing man...and you have an amazing family. Your words are very powerful...and beyond inspirational. Our prayers are with you and your family...God bless you all always!

Love,
Kerry Randall

8:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CHRIS AND VAL
YOUR COUSIN CRISSY FROM COLORADO. WE ARE ALL SORRY TO HEAR YOU WONT BE ABLE TO MAKE IT OUT THIS WEEKEND. WE MISS YOU. I KNOW A LITTLE ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE GOING THROUGH, MY BOYFRIEND MARK WAS DIAGNOSED WITH LUKEMIA 5 YEARS AGO. HE HAS NOT REACHED REMISSION YET BUT IS DETERMINED TO GET THERE AND I KNOW HE WILL. I HAVE LEARNED ALOT OVER THE PAST YEAR ABOUT CANCER. STAY STRONG AND ALWAYS REMEMBER YOU CONTROL YOUR LIFE THE CANCER WILL NEVER CONTROL YOU. STAY ONE STEP AHEAD AND KEEP MOVING. WE ALL MISS YOU AND PRAY FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. WITH YOUR FAITH AND LOVE YOU WILL GET THROUGH THIS. I BELIEVE.
MISS YOU AND LOVE YOU
CRISSY BABCOCK

9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To Valerie's Mother and Father. You both are such incredible people and you have put your Light into your children and Valerie is a great believer in Jesus because of you. Valerie is so blessed to have you both at her side through this time and she knows that having you both there brings the Lords presence even closer. God Bless you Mom and Dad and Thank you for being so close to Jesus. With all my Love, VP

3:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I will walk by faith, even when I cannot see. Because this broken road, prepares Your will for me." Lyrics by Jeremy Camp.

Valerie I will be praying for you and your family. Stay strongly rooted in the One who gives strength, peace and comfort. You are so loved.

1:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your family is amazing to me, how you are all standing firm in the Lord during this time of adversity... may this be a lesson to us all.
I am encouraged by your faith and your vulnerability.
I thank you for the opportunity to pray for your family and know that there are many people who do not know your personally praying for you, what an honor.
Love in Jesus, and many blessings to you
Helen

7:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mary has kept us posted on your progress, and we wanted you to know that there is a group of people from The Fathers House (our Church) that is holding you and your family up in prayer. We pray for your husband and children, that the Lord with His awesome peace would bring such comfort to your home. We also pray that God would reveal Himself to you in such a real way, that you sense His presence mightily. We pray His will be done. We just wanted you to know that even though we haven't met, we are praying and hoping for God's best for you.

The Henson Family

11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home