Tuesday, March 07, 2006

In Every High and Stormy Gale


When darkness seems to hide His face, I rest on His unchanging grace.
In every high and stormy gale, My anchor holds within the veil.
On Christ the solid Rock I stand, All other ground is sinking sand. All other ground is sinking sand.


The hymn writer, Edward Mote (1797-1874), was a cabinet maker from England. Like you and I, beloved, I doubt that Mr. Mote ever saw the Lord Jesus face to face. But I am sure that, like us, his spirit soared whenever he read these words.

The Apostle Thomas, was one of only twelve men in the history of the world privileged to spend several years with the God of Creation as He traveled the dusty roads of Israel. Day by day, he watched Jesus raise the dead, heal the sick, cast out demons, teach the truth, feed the masses, rebuke the religious leaders. And yet, Thomas doubted that Jesus had been raised from the dead.

In the 20th chapter of John's Gospel, Thomas is in a house with some disciples. The doors are locked in fear of the authorities. Jesus appears. "Thomas, put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe."

The Lord's words to Thomas are really a message for you and I beloved. "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."

Dear saints of God most High, thank you for your continuing prayers and hard work on Valerie's behalf. I can say with certainty that the Lord accepts them all as acts of worship. Your tears are not forgotten beloved. May He continue to strengthen and encourage you. May the knowledge of Him be yours in abundance.

And now unto Him who is able to do immeasurably more that all we ask or imagine, to Him be glory now and forever more.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Val,

I enjoyed spending time with you and the boys last night. It was so nice to see you feeling better. Remember to take time to relax so your body can heal. I'm here for you Val, anytime. I'm just a phone call and a few miles away. I look forward to seeing you soon.

Deanna

1:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Val, I havent written to you or visited your blog in while. I guess I have just been caught up in the day to day craziness that is my own silly life. I'm sorry. I think about you all the time. I saw your boys at the park the other day w/ Persichetti and they are getting so big! Ethan is also growing like a weed! He has started pulling up on everything and opening and closing drawers and cabinets! YIKES! Time to start baby-proofing the house... He also blows kisses and babbles. Can you believe he's almost a year old? geez. Anyway, I would love to bring him up to visit sometime when things arent hectic for you. I was also thinking about doing some scrapbooking this weekend. Any interest? I make a mean cup of green tea! Miss your smiley face :-)

6:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Val...
Once again...such a beautiful post!!! And the point of the words could not be more perfect!!!

I love the words written..."Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed..." That is the true definition of Faith. Faith IS believing without attaching our human notions of seeing "proof"...Faith is, in a sense, "flying blind" in this world, yet KNOWING we are not flying alone. Our Father is with us...in us..around us...in all of our joys and in all of our sorrows....in every sunny day, and in every dark storm. That is His promise to us...Thank God!!!

Val...your faith shines brightly for all of us to see! And so does your familys faith...it is so clear!!! It is so beautiful to see how it eminates from each of you...it touches all of us and has greatly added so much to our lives! And I know...and BELIEVE...that the faith that you all hold...will carry you through this journey. It will carry you through the good days and the not so good days...and it will see you all the way to the "winner's circle"!!!

God bless you all!!!
In Him...in Faith...
Love,
Kerry Randall

8:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PEACE, PEACE, GOD'S PEACE

John 14:27 "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your heart be troubled and do not be afraid."

Isa. 26:3-4 "You will keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on Thee, because he trusts in Thee. Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD is the rock eternal."

Isa. 9:6 "He will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace

Psalm 4:8 "I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety."

Psalm 73:25-26 "Whom have I in heaven but Thee? And besides Thee, I desire nothing on earth. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever"

"Thank you Lord, for your Word"

from the Sloan family

12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home