Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Faith Triumphs in Trouble

Romans 5: 1-11

1Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2 through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. 3 And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; 4 and perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5 Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

6 For when we were still without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. 7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die; yet perhaps for a good man someone would even dare to die. 8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. 9 Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him. 10 For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life. 11 And not only that, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received the reconciliation.

J. Theule

2 Comments:

Blogger Osil said...

Val, another song I had to share with you.. I have been thinking and praying and talking so much about you today. I have to tell you, I have so much hope and faith that you are gonna be OK! I actually was reminded of this song from American Idol, this sweet teenage boy was singing it, and I just love these words, it is so true, Jesus is carrying you on His shoulders, He raises you up when you are down, so you can stand on this mountain that have come in your life, and He will help you walk this stormy sea.. I see Him right there beside you..

When I am down and, oh my soul, so weary
When troubles come and my heart burdened be
Then, I am still and wait here in the silence
Until you come and sit awhile with me

You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains
You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas
I am strong, when I am on your shoulders
You raise me up...to more than I can be...

Love, Osil :)

9:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Val and family...

I LOVE what Mary said..."faith can move mountains while doubt creates them"...how true! And although it can be very difficult to not allow "doubt" to creep into our minds...when it does...we must throw up a HUGE STOP SIGN within us and remember just what our Lord can do and what His promises are to us, to YOU, His child!

AND, here I go again with my silly poems that I read over and over again...this one I am reminded of today...

God gives us the strength to run life's race,
And the stamina needed to keep the pace;
He uses the circumstances we go through
To condition us for what He calls us to do.
He strengthens our hearts, souls and minds,
And lifts sin's weight that so easily binds,
That we might run with honor and grace
Through those difficult obstacles we face.
As we run, He is with us along the way,
Refreshing, and supplying our need each day;
If we focus on Him and never look back,
We'll always be running on the right track.
Father, we thank Thee for Thy saving grace
That imparts to us - Strength for the Race.

"The Lord will give strength unto his people..."
"...let us run with patience the race that is set before us, Looking unto Jesus
the author and finisher of our faith..."
(Ps.29:11; Heb.12:1-2)

All my love,
Kerry Randall

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home