Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Mayo Trip results

We went to Mayo and had some tests run in the morning of Jan 30th. Blood and chest x-ray. We met with Dr. Greg Gores at 1:30pm. After reveiwing all my information he said he thinks the Gemzar, oxiliplatin and Avastin has done a good job at halting this disease. He is not so sure if the Avastin has anything to do with it because he said these tumors are hypovascular. He said once these drugs become ineffective he would add Tarceva. He also mentioned Gleevac by itself. He said for he would look at Theraspears for my larger tumor to get rid of it. (I guess it is radiation beeds for the inside of the tumor). You can continue Chemo with the internal radiation. He said there are no known reasons for this condition. He has even seen an 18 year old with this. Wow! All along from the beginning I have had a few small nodules in my lungs that everyone thought was nothing. He thinks they might be cancer so we need to check this out. (they have not changed at all since my diagnosis so who knows?) Dr. Gores is not an Oncologist but a surgeon. So for now I will stay on what I have been on. I am going to MD Anderson on Monday Jan 6th to meet with their Oncologist. I just can not leave any stone unturned. The frustrating thing is everyone seems to have different opinions.
I will continue ever day to look up to the heavens KNOWING God works everything together for good for those who love him (and I do). I have to trust in him with this one and know that even though none of this makes sense to me right now he still requests me to be obedient and cast all my anxieties on him. He says he is enough for me and I believe him.
Thank you Mom's in touch gals for praying for me this morning. I love you guys!!!!!!!
I needed your prayers and support today.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Val...
You MUST know that you will ALWAYS have our prayer and support on every day and at every time!
I'm sure that all the different opinions that have been spoken have set your mind spinning. But my dear, you are right on track when you say that you must trust and believe in our Father. There are times in our lives when trust and faith becomes a great challenge...such as this time for you and your family. In times like this...I pray that you remember...that you believe...that you know in your heart...that the words from the Book of Proverbs tells us to "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, on your own intelligence rely NOT; In all your ways be mindful of Him, and He will make straight your paths."
We, as humans, will never make total sense out of the mystery of the kind of storm you are in. But, by entrusting yourself...ourselves...to the supreme Source of His love and wisdom...by surrendering ourselves into the hands of our Lord, who does have the ANSWERS and who will FAITHFULLY walk with us through the dark and scary storms...we can trust and believe that our Lord will stay with us on this road to restored peace and joy!!!
I pray Val, that you and your family can truly feel this! For we are all on our knees...hands folded in constant prayer for all of you!
All our love,
Kerry Randall

8:33 PM  
Blogger Betty Johnson said...

Hello Val - I recently added a family blog for Sam on the cholangiocarcnioma.org site and will keep it updated with any different info that we might get.
We certainly appreciate the valuable information that you and your family have provided on this web site.
The liver transplant surgeon at UAB had contacted Dr. Gores at Mayo after Sam's liver surgery thinking that he would be a candidate for a transplant but Mayo turned him down. They said the cancer would only come back in a new liver and you would not be able to treat it because of rejection. I think that is what happened to Chris Ledoux (country music artist).
I don't know what our next step will be since the Gemzar and Oxaliplatin have not been effective on Sam's tumors. We hope to hear from the doctor today.
We will keep you updated; my prayers are with you and your family. Please include Sam in yours.

7:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This site was passed on from our church prayer team email (Sunridge Community Church in Temecula, CA--I don't know where you're at, but if you're int he area, pls. visit.)
I believe wholeheartedly in Jesus' divine healing for you and that He is carrying your entire family through this. I saw this prophetically as I looked at the posted photo. Pls be encouraged by this.

7:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Valerie ~ My name is Cathy Johnson and I am a friend of Jamee Webb from the river. We are in A108. My mom was diagnosed with cholangiocarcinoma November 2005. She was under the care of MD Anderson until August of last year when she went to Stanford for radiation options. She's doing great and I would be happy to share all of the information I have gathered over the last year with you. My e-mail address is cjohnson@amylin.com. I will also post my mom's website below. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

5:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Val,
I will as always continue to pray for you. When you are feeling low or anxious remember the scriptures that you had posted on the refrigerator the day you were diagnosed. I have that hanging in my house and think of you when I read it. It is very powerful. Re read it when you are afraid. Trust in God and trust in your faith ....
I miss talking to you. Mark and I visited Char and Michael in St. John. Next time it will be you and Chris visiting them. It would be very healing for you down here.
Call me when you get a chance I would love to talk to you live. My cell phone is working on the islands.

I miss you and love you,

Your friend always
Marianne

4:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Val,

When I saw you in San Clemente for Marianne's shower, I wanted to pull you aside, give you a big hug and tell you how much I admire you and how strong I think you are. The timing didn't seem quite right then, but when I read your blog entries, I feel empowered through you to deal better with things in my life. You are so stoic and positive through all this, and I'm sure it makes quite a few of us wonder if we would hold up as well in the same situation. You truly are an inspiration and I think of you and pray for you often.


Love,

Jocelyn

12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Valerie, I haven't heard from you in awhile. I hope that you are feeling well-physically and emotionally. I hope that your family time is a blessing to you. God cares for every aspect of your life and well-being. Please call me. 747-5137 I would love to spend some time with you. Kristi Rider

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home