Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Tough Day

Just a quick post to let you all know that Val has been very nauseous and vomiting since last night. Please pray that this passes quickly and that Val regains her strength to make the trip to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester this weekend.

I was sharing with Val the other day to words to Lord's Day 1 of the Heidelberg Catechism which is an ancient christian document written in 1563 in Heidelberg Germany. She was encouraged by it and wanted me to put it on the BLOG.


What is your only comfort in life and death?


That I with body and soul, both in life and death,

am not my own,

but belong unto my faithful Saviour Jesus Christ;

who, with his precious blood, has fully satisfied for all my sins,

and delivered me from all the power of the devil;

and so preserves me

that without the will of my heavenly Father, not a hair can fall from my head;

yea, that all things must work together for my salvation,

and therefore, by his Holy Spirit, He also assures me of eternal life,

and makes me heartily willing and ready, henceforth, to live unto him.



Thank you so much for praying for Valerie.

Julie - Val's sister

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Val,
I am so sorry that you are not feeling well today.

Try this breathing technique to slow your breathe and relax you. Picture yourself relaxing on the beach in LaJolla sitting on the sand taking in the horizon. The sun is rising, the birds are singing and you are calm. Keep focused on the horizon as the sun stretches way up to the sky to begin the new day. Feel the sun gently warming your skin, Rest, relax your mind and breathe. Imagine your children quiet and still sitting next to you watching the waves slowly move toward the shore, let yourself relax and breathe in the morning air. It is quiet and peaceful. Feel God's presence. It is a beautiful morning and you are calm. Clear your mind of all thought except for the ocean, sun shining, birds singing and your children smiling.

This too shall pass my friend.

Love,
Marianne

6:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Val...
I'm sorry you had a rough day yesterday...those days come...but THANKFULLY and GRATEFULLY they also leave!!! I love Marianne's advice! There is nothing better than just letting our Father's love envelop you...surround you...and hold you in the trying times.
Remember my grandfather's loving words...
"He brought you to it...He will bring you THROUGH it...
All my love,
Kerry Randall

12:12 PM  
Blogger Osil said...

Val;
I'm so glad you're feeling better today!! You look great! Especially your newly painted toes... Had a great time getting our nails done today, we should really do that more often! Hope we didn't scare that poor woman too much talking about our college days.. It's so cool to me though how God had brought us together, how He planned it so perfectly for all our paths to cross, His plans for all His children are so perfectly intertwined, like threads in a beautiful blanket. It amazes me looking back at my past seeing how God had His hand in everything and hearing your stories and Kerry's, coming from such different places (so far away from me). I sometimes have asked the Lord why He brought me here to the States, especially in those moments when I just miss my family so. But being with you guys and around the school and seeing how He has given me another family (a whole bunch of sisters!) in my friends, I see His plans so clearly. I am so happy to have met you guys!

Thank you Jesus for calming val's stomach, and carrying her through this storm!

All my love, Osil:)

7:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Val,

I am always thinking of you and your family even though I have not had a chance to stop by. I've sent you some clinical trials info via e-mail and hope you were able to receive them. I have a friend in a small biotech where they are working on bringing a trial into place for advance cancers, and she shared with me the following website where others are able to use message baords and communicate. There is a specific section for cholangiocarcinoma and what treatments others are undergoing. Sharing info is the best thing to do so that you are knowledgebale when talking to oncologists.

here is the website:
www.cancercompass.com

God Bless you and yours
Vaska
987 Canyon Heights

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home