Sunday, January 29, 2006

If I take the wings of the dawn

From Psalm 139.
Today, Chris, Julie, and Val are taking the wings of the dawn to dwell for a season in the remotest parts of the sea.

Even there Thy hand will lead me, and thy right hand will lay hold of me.
If I say, "surely the darkness will overwhelm me, and the light around me will be night," even the darkness is not dark to Thee, and the night is as bright as day.


Val leaves this morning to be evaluated at The Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. Pray that Chris does well in sitting for long flights with his back. Pray for wisdom for Dr. Gores and his team as they evaluate Val's disease. Pray that God's Spirit will work to unite the strong personalities of Chris, Val, and Julie to work together for the common goal. Pray that insurance will cover the costs at The Mayo.

How precious also are Thy thoughts to me, O God! How vast is the sum of them! If I should count them, they would outnumber the sand. When I awake, I am still with thee.

Godspeed Dear Ones!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Val,
you are in my thoughts and prayers. God Bless and watch over you on your journey to the Mayo Clinic. I think of you often and keep you in my prayers. You are so strong and courageous!

3:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Val, Chris and Julie...
I pray that you have all arrived safe and sound at your desination! We have been thinking of you all day...
And as you begin this journey with Dr. Gores and all at Mayo...we will be praying that our Lord will give the doctors the ability to make sense of your cancer and gift them with all the answers necessary to rid your body of all of it!
Know that our thoughts and prayers will be with you throughout all of this...keep your eyes turned toward Him...remember my grandfather's famous words..."He brought you to it...He will bring you through it"...know that you are an amazing woman full of faith and courage.
God bless all of you! Chris, we pray your back is not giving you any trouble...and as always...we are down on our knees!
In Him...
All our Love,
Kerry Randall

8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Val & Chris,
Safe travels and I pray that the Doctor's will have all the right answers for you. We are thinking of you on your journey and wish Chris well too during the long travel.

Cher

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home