Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Update

I have been doing good. I had chemo #8 last Thursday and did not get home until 2:30am. There was a time mix up and I did not start until 6:00pm at night. I guess you could say it was a "night out" without the kids right? ha ha. I think I would have rather been at Samurai House for dinner. Anyways, I do not have to drive up to L.A for treatments anymore. Starting next week, I will be in Encinitas. I will just have to go up to L.A for my scans and to see the doc. So now, you all can come visit w/ me while I sit there since it's so close. This last weekend was hard because I had 3 sick kids with the stomach flu and pink eye. At one point my 17 month old was throwing up on me in my bed. When they are that young they just want you to hold them but I was trying to figure out how to get him to throw up in the potty. No such luck. Anyways, we are all better now. My sister is coming down this weekend with her 3 kids. We are celebrating my nieces 4th birthday. It will be good to see them. It has been such a bummer that right about the time all this cancer mess broke out she had moved the month prior up to San Francisco. We have been fighting our insurance for Avastin coverage again. Remember when we said it is covered? Well we got a denial letter in the mail so my team with Aunt Char as OB have been battling our insurance. Not fun. I was extra tired today. Could have been all the lack of sleep this last weekend. I spent a few hours on my Mom's couch today. She then came to my house and made a great stir fry for all of us. Thanks Mom!!!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Valerie,
It was great to see your post! I am so sorry everyone was sick last week! That cannot be fun when your not feeling well yourself!
I am so glad you were able to get your treatments moved so close! That should help and YES, YES, YES...I would love to come and sit with you you during your treatments!
This morning in my devotions, I read this and thought of your situation:

The Lord has heard my cry for help;
the Lord will answer my prayer.
Psalm 6:9

Val, as we know, he is listening and this passage says he will answer!!!!
Love,
Mary

7:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Val, Its so great to read your posts and it makes me smile to hear the humor in your voice. You are one tough cookie and we love ya!

Jody

5:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Val,
I wish I could click my heels and instantly be at your house. I wish I lived in San Diego so I would only be a short drive away. I am so sorry that you had to deal with all 3 kids sick at once - that is hard enough to handle but harder when you are tired.
It is such good news that you can begin your chemo in Encinitas. This will alliviate the long drive up to LA and back in the wee hours of the early morning. And you can have friends and family to make the time pass quickly.
How wonderful of your mother to come over and make a nice dinner and make everything better. You are so blessed to have her.
Not a day goes by that I don't think of you or talk about you and ask everyone I meet to pray for you.
You are my inspiration Val. When I have a bad day, I think of all that you have had to go through and it makes my problems seem irrelevant. I really miss you.

I am sending you a great big hug,

Love to you,

Marianne

5:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Val...
Great post! You are so funny! Stomach flu not so funny though...sorry you had to go through that!!!

As always...I am so glad that we have been able to see you and spend time with you...I count my time with you and your family as such a blessing...you are all such real and wonderful people!

And as we have said thousands of times...you are in our prayers my friend. Just a few words to remember in the quiet times...

I'm lost in Jesus love
it's where I'm going to stay.
I'm lost inside His love
every single day.
He covers me and holds me
inside His arms so strong.
I'm lost in Jesus love
a love that's never wrong.

I'm lost in Jesus arms
it's where I want to be.
I'm lost inside His arms,
the perfect place for me.
He holds me close and tells me
that He'll never let me go.
I'm forever lost in Jesus arms
the protector of my soul.

I'm lost in Jesus name,
it's beautiful and sweet.
His name is music to my ears
for He makes my life complete.
When I hear my Savior's name
I fall down on my knees.
For I am lost in Jesus name
the name that sets me free.

I'm lost in Jesus love
it's where I want to be.
I'm lost inside His love,
the perfect place for me.
My life is in His hands,
He shelters me each day.
I'm lost in Jesus love,
and it's where I'll always stay.

God Bless you all...
Love,
Kerry Randall

7:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Val, it was so good to see you and the boys, we missed Gavin both times but next time I see you I will try to stay longer and coordinate better with you. Your eyes are beautiful and your hair looks very good too, I don't know what you are eating lately but you sure do look good and it shows through your eyes,skin and hair. I pray hard for you to get through this time and stay clear with that positive attitude and stong personality in all you are going through. Bill will be down there end of March and i will not but you guys can meet up after your vacation. I miss you and will keep buggin ya to come on out to Georgia. Everything is going to be in BLOOM soon:) Try to get out in your garden and plant some pretty flowers. I love ya girly! VP

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home