Monday, November 28, 2005

Kids give us JOY!

I have made it through 2 Chemotherapy sessions with out to many hickups. Last week I felt like I had the flu a few days and a few other irritating side effects. I have been feeling better over the last few days. Some pain that comes and goes that I try my best to ignore. I do not know if it is from the laproscoptic procedure or from the cancer. I am forced to sleep on my back at night. Which for those of you like me that are side sleepers, it is a drag. I have to get a scan this week and get some blood drawn. Other than that I do not have to be poked or proded till next Tuesday for Chemo #3.
Today, I went to Ryan's (my 6 year old) school for lunch duty. It was good to see my son and play with all the kids on the play ground. I watched Ryan play football with the boys at school. I had alot of joy watching him play. There is something about the first born that is so special. I love him so much! He goes to Valley Christian School just down thew street from our house. What an incredible blessing that school is. The teachers, staff and all the parents all have such a heart for Christ. I am lucky Ryan gets to go there. They have really set up a hege of protection and prayer around Ryan and my family. It has been such a relief on the days I know I will not be able to be with him to know he is there. Also, my Mom's in Touch group has been such a fortress of prayer over the last month. They always have wide open arms and are such servants. I have not been able to go for a few weeks but I am going tomarrow morning and look forward to praying with these ladies for our children.
I see a holistic doctor tomarrow. Dr. Chen. He works with herbs and acupuncture. I know the holistic piece of this is so important so I look forward to getting a game plan together tomarrow. After that, one of the Mom's at school is taking family photos at the beach. I am sure we will get some good ones and will post a few.
Thank You for your prayers. Continued prayer requests are: Chemotherapy is working, pain to be minimal, continued strengh through next treatment.
One of the verses I read and read and read and read.....
2 Cor 4:16-18
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far out weighs them all. So, we FIX OUR EYES not on what is seen but what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary but what is unseen is eternal."

All to God's glory,
Valerie

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Val! It is always so good to read what your write! I can't wait to see you tomorrow at Mom's In Touch...I am hoping it will be a very special morning for both you and Brenda at the little "after party" we have planned! And our prayers continue for you. I am very proud of the way you are handling everything...you are a trooper! I pray that you continue to do as well as you are...that you stay strong in mind and spirit...that the chemo is eradicating every cancer cell in you and that your pain is erased. I believe with all of my heart and soul that God is listening and holding you and your family tightly. Believe He is by your side. God bless you always...rest Val!

9:22 PM  
Blogger Osil said...

Hi Val; It's so nice to see you around school! You look great, so great that it's hard to fathom that something is even wrong inside your body. But, that spirit of yours that is shining so brightly from your heart to the outside is what's going to carry you through this. It is God's spirit, He Himself manifested in you, and boy are you being a vessel for Him through this. I just keep having flashbacks whenever I think of you of times like the Kindergarten orientation, when you helped me at Sunday school and when you told Tami and I that they had found the growths in your liver, and I am just amazed at all that has happened in such a short time. I want you to know that for me personally, this has brought me so much closer to Him, strengthened my faith and truly changed my outlook on life. I know of a lot of people who feel the same. I truly feel still that we are being witnesses to a great miracle, and you my friend are right in the center of it. So, Val, I am so thankful to know you, you truly are an inspiration!
See ya in the morning! I can;t wait to see what Kerry has planned.

Love, Osil

10:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Val,
I am so happy to hear that you are feeling better now. I continue to pray to the Lord that he continues to watch over you and your family, that every day you feel stronger, that the cancers shrinks and that the chemo is working. I pray for your mom, dad, Julie, Paul and Jeff and all the children to remain strong and never lose faith. Your strength is amazing! My family is thinking of you and yours and sending you prayers and the continued strength to keep on fighting; you will overcome. May the Lord watch over you and keep you. Joanne T.

8:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heal me O Lord and I will be healed, Save me O Lord and I will be saved. I continue to keep you in my prayers Val .

8:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also am continuing to pray that the Lord is your strength. Keep your eyes firmly on Him, He is the only One who knows what you need at every moment. We've never met, but you are constantly in my prayers.

1:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Valerie,
Amen to "Kids give us JOY"! I have two of my own. Thank you for sharing your heart. I heard the school your children go to is wonderful. Some missionaries who lived in the jungles of Peru have just enrolled their children at Valley Christian. They feel extremely blessed to send their kids there. I shared with them alittle about you and Janet listened with tears in her eyes. She is a prayer warrior and I know will keep you and you family in prayer. You encourage me with your words and the scripture God brings to your life during this difficult time. I am so glad you are feeling better. I pray for you daily...it amazes me how God uses the body of Christ to strengthen us in such mysterious ways. You are helping me grow in my prayer life! I hope to meet you someday!

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God

2:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Val,

I'm in Rome, reading your update with a smile and a tear in my eye. I remember when you were thinking of going part-time so you could spend more time with your family. I too know the simple joy of watching your children grow and interact with others -- What a blessing to now have the time to do that!!! Our Father has certainly pointed you in the direction of the silver lining surrounding the dark cloud! My heart continues to go out to you.

Lainie

3:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Val, Edie called Rob and I to let us know what was going on while we were in MI. I just want to give you a hug. I have been praying for you guys constantly as so many have. You are a beautiful testimony to Him! If you want to bring the boys down, come anytime. If you want to come over and pray together, come anytime. We're praying Love, Michelle, down the street

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home