Monday, November 28, 2005

What a Trade!

The hymn "Amazing Grace" was written by John Milton, formerly the captain of an English slave trading ship.

Of all men, John Milton had first hand experience of how a slave market operated. Human beings were bought with a price and became the property of a stranger.

Not so for the christian.

When the Spirit of God Most High first spoke to me, I came to his throne and asked for forgiveness. He told me that the price for what I asked was very high but that He had already paid it by the death of His Son, the Lord Jesus. He had just been waiting for me to ask.

"By the way," He said, "I want something from you also."

"What Lord, I asked?"

He replied, "I want your life, every hour. Every day. Every year. I want it all. Will you give it to me?"

"Here it is, Lord. It is yours, all of it. Every hour. Every day. Every year."

The Lord said, "I accept it, and in exchange, here is my life. It is yours. Forever."

The scriptures say:

"You have been bought with a price. Therefore glorify God in your body because it belongs to Him."

"If any man is in Christ, he is a new creation. Old things are passed away. Behold all things have become new."

"I have been crucified with Christ and no longer live, but Christ lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God who loves me and gave himself up for me."

And so, dearest Valerie, and to all the Saints of God Most High, do not be fearful of the future. Why should we? Your life. Every hour. Every day. Every year. Belongs to God. And His life is ours.

What a trade!

Richard

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Valerie... you are the face of God. You are the face of all that is pure and all that is good. We see his love through you. May your spirit feel his love and his comfort, every hour of every day. :)

6:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Valerie-May the Lord continue to give you strength as you wake up every morning and face a new day. Continue to "press on" and know that God is with you every step of the way. Keep smiling that beautiful smile that God has blessed you with because behind that smile is a woman who is filled with grace, dignity, and courage. We will continue to pray for you and your family here in Stone Canyon.

8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home