Friday, November 11, 2005

Waiting....

Valerie has been feeling pretty good this week after receiving chemotherapy on Monday. She has been fatigued with body aches and pain in her liver. The oncologist said that pain in her liver could be the tumors shrinking. No vomiting or nausea or hair loss - which is great. 7-14 days after a chemo treatment Val's white blood cell count drops dramatically. She will have to be very careful not to be exposed to any germs or illness.

The repeat liver biopsy ( the one she dreads) has been moved to next week. We will post the appointment day when Val gets it from the doctor. We will definitely ask all to pray on that day for her comfort and peace for that test as well as the doctors being able to get a definitive answer about the cancer origins.

Waiting is hard. Waiting to see if the chemo works. Waiting to have the biopsy done. Waiting and not knowing what will happen. Waiting to see the results of the new biopsy.....

Can't help but be reminded of Isaiah 40:31

But those who wait on the Lord
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not be faint.

Pray for God's strength for Valerie as she waits on Him.

Posted by Julie Theule (Val's sister)

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I am not a good "waiter", but I will be praying, Val, that God will give you an ability to rest in Him, and in the assurance of His provision of grace sufficient for each challenge ahead.

10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Julie, I can wait in peace knowing that Val will be better soon. God is with Val and all of us as we pray and wait for her to be well again. My prayers are strong for Val and all of you! Love Valerie P

12:34 PM  
Blogger Osil said...

"I delight in the Lord with all my mind, an all my heart and soul! As I wait upon the Lord I grow stronger every day!"

Dear Val, I will be praying too that you will be able to rest in Him this week as you wait, and that you would feel His presence around you and in you more and more each day. It is so good to know that He will never give us any more than we can handle. Rest in that promise and in the knowledge you have that He is in control! In Norway we have a song that goes like this: "It is good to be quiet, and wait on help from the Lord". So rest and enjoy your family, and let the Lord fill you with His strength for the weeks ahead. In His love, Osil

1:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Valerie and Family,

You don't know me but I have been touched by your story and your faith in the Lord. Please know that you will be in my thoughts and prayers every day.

10:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Val and family...
I, too, am not a patient "waiter"! I cannot imagine how hard it must be for all of you. We all wonder sometimes, "Why did God have to do this to me...why isn't He answering my prayers?" Here is a wonderful explanation. A daughter is telling her mother how everything is going wrong in her life. Meanwhile, her Mother is baking a cake and asks her daughter if she would like a snack, and the daughter says, "Absolutely".
"Here, have some cooking oil," her mother offers. "Yuck" says her daughter.
"How about a couple of raw eggs?" "Gross Mom!" is the reply.
"Would you like some flour then? Or maybe baking soda?"
"Mom, those are all disgusting!" says the daughter.
To which the mother replies,"Yes, all those things seem bad all by themselves. But when they are put together in the right order, they make a wonderfully delicious cake."
God works the same way. Many times we wonder why He would let us go through such difficult times...when will He answer our prayers. But God knows that when He puts these things all in His order, they always work for good. We just have to trust Him and, eventually, He will make all things great...and prayers will be answered...in His perfect time and plan. God is crazy about you. He sends you flowers every spring and a sunrise every morning. Whenever you want to talk, He will listen. He can live anywhere in the universe, and He chose your heart.
I don't know where my Aunt found that story...but as the story goes...we don't know where He will lead us...but we do know He will only take us down the right road. So please know that we are praying for peace, strength, courage, ANSWERS, and rest for you! And that will ALL come...rest assured!
Love,
Kerry Randall

8:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI, Val, I am Mary's mom and I just want to tell you I have always thought you were so lovely and "fun". Those are my favorite qualities and if you fit those--in my opinion---score!!!! Call me if you need anything, and I mean, anything!!!

I will be prAying for you honey,
Teri

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home