Sunday, November 06, 2005

Battle Week

With Val's diagnosis resolved, this is the beginning of the fight. This week Val is starting chemotherapy. Pray that the medicines will shrink the tumors. Pray for Val as she continues fighting this disease.

Psalm 121

I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come?
My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot be moved; he who keeps you will not slumber.
Behold, he who keeps Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.
The LORD is your keeper; the LORD is your shade on your right hand.
The sun shall not strike you by day, nor the moon by night.
The LORD will keep you from all evil; he will keep your life.
The LORD will keep your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forevermore.

We continue to covet your prayers for Valerie.
Thank You!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We went today and saw the movie "Dreamer"...I know you must be wondering where I am going with this! Bare with me a moment! This movie is about overcoming hurdles...and in it was a very simple poem...the minute I heard it...I thought of you Valerie. I went home and spent two hours trying to find the words to the poem online...and I finally did! Here goes:
You are a great champion,
When you run the ground shakes,
And the sky opens,
And mere mortals part...
Part the way to Victory,
Where you will meet me in the winner's circle,
And I'll put a blanket of flowers on your back.

Valerie...you are a champion. You WILL win this battle. You will achieve Victory. And ALL of us will meet you in the winners circle.

As this week begins...we will pray for that Victory. We will be here for anything you need! God Bless you and your family!

Love, Kerry Randall (Kendall's mom)

5:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Val,
You are continually on my mind. Today in church we sang this song and i thought of you.


“I have a Maker, He formed my heart, before even time began, my life was in His hand.

He knows my name, He knows my every thought,

He sees each tear that falls, He hears me when I call.

I have a Father, He calls me His own,

He will never leave me, no matter where I go.

He knows my name, He knows my every thought,

He sees each tear that falls, He hears me when I call."

6:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Val! It's Monday and I was just thinking of you again. What a sweet picture of the baby! He is so big! BTW Little Ethan has been LIVING in all the clothes you delivered! Yesterday he wore a cute little red "soccer Outfit" to his sisters' soccer game. Their colors are also red/ white/ black. He is really starting to show personality now, babbling and growling. He wakes me up every morning growling and laughing. It's so cute. He is such a morning person!

As I mentioned before, you have inspired me. I have officially got my butt over to the gym now every day for a week. While on the treadmill, sweating away, breathing hard, I think of you and your family and know that I can keep going (2 more minutes, 1 level higher incline, increase the pace...) whatever. I think of you! :-)

I hope you are having a good day today. Ethan says hi "grooowwll blpthhhh ba"

Happy Monday!
Love,
Maria

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home