Friday, November 04, 2005

The Next ‘Leg’ of the Journey

Valerie Ann McCrea, you have been through the most difficult, surreal two weeks of your entire life. You have shown incredible resolve, endurance, perseverance, faith ‘beyond’ comprehension, bravery and fortitude in the face of the worst enemy. You DO have everything it will take to successfully travel the next ‘leg’ of your journey.

As I travel back to Denver to ‘jump’ back into my life for awhile, please know that my heart remains with you. I will stay with you, side by side, during this journey. And I will be with you at every critical point, doing anything and everything I can to ‘keep us on course’. I left your Mom, my Golden Bear necklace to put on your neck…..it has served me over some 14 years in some very difficult moments in my life….when I was afraid and wanted to ‘crumple’…..it reminded me of my inner strength, my resolve, my ability to persevere, and my faith.. Wear it and know I am with you.

The love, caring, and support expressed in so many beautiful words on this ‘blog’ site is a reflection on you, and how you have touched so many lives.

As I reflect on our focus over the last two weeks: 1) determining the correct and accurate diagnosis ,and completing all of the tests necessary in ‘record’ time to achieve this; 2) determining the ‘best’ treatment plan possible to eradicate this cancer completely; and 3) deciding on the ‘best’ team of doctors to accompany us on this journey. We achieved all of the above….Let that become the ‘beacon’ for the next ‘leg’ of the journey.

On the next ‘leg’ of this journey: you will embark on the ‘best’ chemotherapy possible to attack these tumors, you will complement that with nutritional therapy, stress-reduction therapy, appropriate exercise, positive attitude, and prayer. The goal is to achieve positive response to the chemo so that the incredibly ‘skilled’ pair of surgeons, Dr. Nissen and Dr. Klein, can ‘resect’ the tumors as soon as possible, with the assurance that any ‘lingering’ cancer cells can be successfully controlled. That is our goal over the next 6-8 weeks. And we CAN achieve it, just as we achieved the goal of the first two weeks. The journey may have difficult times, but it will also have good times…. And I know you will travel this ‘leg’ of the journey with grace, dignity, and even a bit of humor as you have done thus far.

I love you, Valerie Ann McCrea.

Aunt Charlene

3 Comments:

Blogger Osil said...

Val, you are so blessed to have an Aunt Charlene! I wish I had one, too! It seems to me as if the Lord has worked through her life, given her skills and experiences, all as practice for this, I would think her most important project yet! Way to go, Charlene, for letting the Lord use you in such a mighty way, and for not hesitating at all, but barging forth opening doors, which otherwise would have been closed. I believe with all my heart that God is performing a miracle right before our eyes, and I feel the Holy Spirit's presence so strongly in all this. Hang in there, Val, God is in control, and do not worry about tomorrow, God is already there! Go get'em on Monday! See you soon! Love, Osil

7:24 PM  
Blogger Osil said...

Deuteronomy 9:3

But be assured today that the LORD your God is the one who goes across ahead of you like a devouring fire. He will destroy them; he will subdue them before you. And you will drive them out and annihilate them quickly, as the LORD has promised you.

Lord Jesus, thank you for your Word, sharper than any two-edged sword! And thank you that Your Word is so fitting for Valerie's battle. Go before her next week, Lord! In Jesus Name, Amen!

9:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God Bless you Val, you are in my thoughts and prayers. You are a strong woman, and will make it through this difficult journey.

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home