Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Knowing God Deeply

I was sitting in the waiting room at Pomerado Hospital waiting for Valerie to be checked once more by the doctor that did the liver biopsy. She had been in quite a bit of pain. Just feeling shaky, I picked up a Decision magazine, sat down and began reading an article entitled, "Going Deeper with God," an interview of Larry Crabb. As I read, these words jumped off the page, the interviewer asked Larry, "Your book "Shattered Dreams" talks about how we should respond when our lives seem to fall apart. How should we respond in those situations?" His answer: "I don't think anybody has an opportunity to know God as deeply as they long to without shattered dreams. When I hear that your dreams are shattered, something in me grieves, hurts and wants to weep with you. But the opportunity is colossal. When your life is shattered in some way, there is an incredible opportunity to know God more deeply."
October issue of Decision Magazine

Lord,
We all want to know you more deeply. You are our Fortress and Strength. You are our hope, a very present help in time of trouble. Give us wisdom, go before us in all that we do. Give us direction as we seek the best treatment.

We ask this in the Precious Name of Jesus our Lord
A-men

"Let your roots grow down into Christ and draw up nourishment from Him. See that you go on growing in the Lord, and become strong and vigorous in the truth." Colossians 2:7


THANK YOU!
If you have prayed for Val and our family, I wish I could pull each of you into my arms and hold you, and express my graditude. Please keep praying. To those who have ministered to us with good food delivered to the McCrea's door, Thank you for nourishing us! If you have helped with child care, bless you, you will need a nap! If you have helped Chris because of his back surgery, please continue. We have been encouraged with your notes to Val, keep those coming as well. Thank you Again.

As Pastor Dennis reminds us:
"Keep your eyes focused on the face of the Master"

With Deep Appreciation,
Nancy Sloan (Val's Mom)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Valerie & Chris - I can't stop thinking about you guys and I wish you great success with your treatment. Stay strong and please reach out if there is anything we can do.

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home