Thursday, March 22, 2007

The City Of God

There is a land where the beloved of God go to dwell for a short season. It's name is Beaulah Land. It is within sight of heaven's bright shore.
Oddly, we christians rarely speak of Beaulah Land. But I will speak of it for our beloved Valerie has gone there. God spoke of it through Isaiah. John Bunyan wrote of it in Pilgrim's Progress.
Ann Cousin's poem speaks of the joy of it's inhabitants;
The sands of time are sinking, The dawn of heaven breaks;
The summer morn I’ve sighed for, The fair, sweet morn, awakes.
Dark, dark hath been the midnight, But dayspring is at hand,
And glory, glory dwelleth In Immanuel’s land.
I’ve wrestled on towards heaven, ‘Gainst storm and wind and tide;
Now, like a weary traveller That leaneth on his guide,
Amid the shades of evening, While sink life’s lingering sand,
I hail the glory dawning From Immanuel’s land.
Beloved, the world we see, the Valerie we see, is temporal. The unseen world is eternal.Those of you who have been with Val this week think "she has checked out". You are right and you are wrong. She appears to be not totally with us because she is not with us at all. I know this because of the enlightening of God's Spirit and because of a question Val asked me on our trip home from USC last night. "Why", she asked , "have the sounds of the world become strangely quiet?"
She knows she is there but she won't tell us directly. But as the glory of God Most High draws closer to her, you will know it. By how she appears and what she says.
Some come back to us from Beaulah Land. I think Val is coming back to us. We cherish all your prayers you continue to lay at the throne of God Most High for Val’s return.
We who are her medical support team will continue to move forward with options, knowing that God honors all that is done using the best medical skills available.
Val had a CT Scan and bloodwork done at USC yesterday. Good news! her Ca19-9 tumor marker was down from 1,200 to 800. Bad news. Her Bilirubin was 8.4 and Potassium 6.1.
Dr. Lenz directed us to get Val's stents changed stat.
We have moved it up a week and are on the books with Dr. Simon Lo at cedars Sinai next Monday at 4:45 PM. Dr. Lo put Val on antibiotics today. Pray that we can keep Val with us until Monday and pray that Dr. Lo has supernatural skills.

Pray that Val can eat or drink protein shakes this weekend and can get ahead on hydration. It is a 16 hour fast before stent procedure so we must get ahead of the game.
Godspeed





6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Val,

May the peace of God shine down upon you and guide you. May you be released of your pain and may joy surround you.

I wish I were there to hold your hand Val. I miss you terribly and I am so sad that I am so far away.

I pray that the time spent with your family this weeek brings you happiness.

Godspeed my friend,

You are a joy to me and I treasure you,

I love you Val,

Marianne

4:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear McCrea Family,
As I read the latest entry, I found myself remembering this old hymn:
O soul, are you weary and troubled?
No light in the darkness you see?
There’s a light for a look at the Savior,
And life more abundant and free!
Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
In the light of His glory and grace.
In Him,
Ginny McMillan

5:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You hold in your hand an invitation: to remember that no matter where you are or what you face, within your heart and soul... peace and comfort are possible. You are loved so very much, keep that close to your heart.

7:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Val,

I think of you often and pray for your health and happiness.


Amy V.

12:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Val
You and your family are on my mind daily. After reading todays entry, my heart was aching. I will continue to keep you all in my prayers.

Michelle Bailey

3:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

McCrea Family, Richard and Mom, Julie and Family, and to Both Val's Brothers and Family, We are here for you in prayer. Our Souls feel yours. I am so sorry that this disease has struck Val. I am with her in my heart and holding her hand as any of us would. Praying for Val every moment for no more pain. I love you Val and Chris! Val Persichetti and Bill Persichetti

5:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home