Saturday, August 12, 2006

CT Scan Results

My scan showed no new growth anywhere. Everything was stable. No shrinkage either. This is supposably good news. I was bummed in the oncology office because I NEED RESULTS. Those of you who know me, I am pretty driven to get my way or be able to make the situation work for me, with me etc...(I think it comes from the 15 years of medical sales). It is frustrating that I do not have control over this...I know, God does and I believe this whole heartedly but when I wake up in the morning and remember I am fighting for my life every day, it gets really old. Theres some venting for ya!

Lord,
Help me to be like Job. Faithful, even when I want to wave my fists at you. Thank you Lord that in those times you promise that your spirit searches my soul and intercedes on my behalf. Thank you Lord for worship and the fellowship we enter in with you. Thank you that you are our high priest and we have direct access to you and your kingdom. Thank you for my husband, Ryan, Gavin and Tyler. They are such blessings in my life. I pray for the strength it takes to take care of my family on a daily basis.
Amen

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Val,

It is encouraging that you have no new growth! Remember this is positive news.I know how much you want this to be over Val. I also know that you are tired of fighting this fight. Remember that you are very strong spiritually, mentally and physically. I am certain you are up for the fight. I pray for you to get enough rest, both day and night,continue eating well, and take time out of each day to do visualization and relaxation. These things are very important to heal your body. Don't take on too much and remember to take time out for yourself. I know that you are not a selfish person but this is the time to think about what is best for you now. Don't overcommitt yourself or take on too many other things if you are tired - take time out to rest each day.......
Ok there is my lecture for the day.

Remember to lean on your friends when you are having a bad day. We are here for you day and night.

I miss you,

Love,

Marianne

5:25 AM  
Blogger Kelly & Joel Lester said...

Hang in there Val,
You know that no new growth and stability is great news! Just keep on keeping on! I am down here in Texas sweating and rooting for you!

Love ya,
Kelly Lester

7:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Much easier said than done with three children but....take time every day to just....be
He holds you in the palm of his hand and will never let you go.

10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is great news Val but I can relate to your frustration. Things, they are a changin'...no growth will soon turn into major shrinkage will turn into no more tumors will turn into 5 years without cancer! See it, believe it and it shall be!

We fight with you whether it be in thought or prayer...

XO,
Terri Ensor

1:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Val,
I am very touched by your words. I keep up with your updates so that my husband and I can pray for you, but I never feel adequate enough to write anything. But I just love you. We pray for you. God bless you and keep you and your family safe. Thank you LORD for the blessings you have bestowed on this family so far, and I pray that many more miracles will be seen as time goes by.
Dara Johns

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home