Monday, August 07, 2006


This is a BIG reason why I am going to get rid of this cancer (God willing). This is my angel. I look at him and there are just not words.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know I am in trouble with all of you for the time it has taken me to blog again. My wireless on my lap top was giving me some problems. I am feeling much better. My infection seems as though it is behind me. I get my IV antibiotics off tomorrow. It has been attached to me for almost 10 days and I am so happy to get it off. I got a scan last Friday and get the results this Thursday up at USC, along with chemo. I am scheduled to get a stent replacement the first week of Sept. The boys start school on Sept 5th and so I am planning on sometime after that. I am so excited for Gavin's first day of kindergarten. Ryan will be in first grade and Tyler is turning 2 Sept 21st. Crazy hugh??? Time seems like it goes soooo fast these days. I want it to slow way down. Today was so beautiful. I enjoyed playing nerf football with the boys and Ry and Gav had a good friend spend the night. Tami came over and brought yummy roemary porkchops. A group of us from Valley Christian have been getting together to pray every week. We could pray for hours. It feels good to support friends in prayer. Our lists are long and we could go on for hours, which we do. A lot of us are from the Mom's in Touch from Valley Christian. It has been a good way to pray together over the summer. You are all invited!!! Tomorrow at Tami's at 11:00am. I am sure she will not mind. Hi Tam!I will let you all know my scan results... Maybe there is no cancer left at all??? What a day of rejoicing that would be.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Val

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Val,
Indeed what a day of rejoicing that will be!!! It will happen and we will all be singing, dancing, whooping and hollaring about our great God healing you completely! What a glorious day that will be!
You're in my thoughts and prayers,
Ginny

7:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Val,
I am emailing you from the library at Northwestern University Hospital in Chicago. I am in the field with a rep who works this account. We are going to try to stop by the Block Medical Center tomorrow. I will tell them all you said hello :).
I can't get over how much Tyler looks so much like you. I thought for the longest time that he resembled Chris but I see a lot of you in him. He is way to adorable for words.....truly an angel of
God.
I am really looking forward to seeing you next month.
I am as always praying for the best outcome from this CT scan - that it is eradicated permanently.

Keep the photos coming....it is such a delight to see you and the boys!!!!

Here's to a positive result,

Your friend -

Marianne

12:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"YOU GO GIRL!" I know what you mean when you look at your child and it takes your breath away. Keep up the fight....and as always I will continue to think and pray for you daily. Good luck Thurs.

God Bless,
Jamee

1:01 PM  
Blogger Caroline Stoufer said...

Dear Val-

I'm getting a scan this week and here's hoping/wishing/praying that we both get good results.

Your children are so precious. I enjoy the pictures.

Sincerely,
Caroline Stoufer, Ouray, CO

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Val. He is stunning. And you are amazing. I know you have heard this a thousand times but you are an inspiration with your strength and courage. You look wonderful, your determination is awesome. I check your site at least weekly, and I pray for you daily (as do my children.) Keep it up, girl. We'll be celebrating your healing soon.

Thinking of you,
Michelle Greer

12:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Val,

Miracles are every day occurrences. I rejoice that the day is near that your cancer will be miraculously gone forever.

Your Neighbor,
Terri

11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Val,
So sorry we missed Ryan's party. I am so happy to hear you are feeling better. I haven't been able to get you off my mind. And your right about the kids... Where does the time go? With Nichole being 13 just blows my mind. And Victoria going in first grade... Crazy..... They are my whole life. Iv told them they have to always live close to me. I couln't stand not being with my girls..:)
I pray the results are great..

Love you honey
Cheri

1:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Val - you are soooooo tough. Nothing can keep you down! And... Char, Chris, Nancy, and Richard your relentless support in this fight is unparralled! See you at home soon Val. We miss you.

Your neighbors The Lawrences

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home