Saturday, June 24, 2006

Val to Scripps La Jolla Again

Val had to go down to Scripps La Jolla Hospital this morning at 4:00am. She has been trying to get a handle on her pain again the last few days unsuccessfully. I don't know all of the details, but she developed a fever and coupled with the pain it got to a point where she needed to go in. The doctors said that she has an infection in and water at the head of her pancreas assumably from the pancreatitis.

My mom (who has the boys at the house) said that they decided not to admit her and they are giving her what she needs for the pain and infection. She should be coming home this afternoon.

Please pray today for Val for God's hand of peace and comfort to surround her. That the infection will clear quickly. Also that the pancreas will heal quickly and that the stent will not get infected.

I am continually amazed at the number of people I meet or talk to that check this blog and pray for Val and our family. God is so good to give us a such an wonderful community of believers all around the world to lift one another up in times of trouble. I am so encouraged by that.

Thank you so very much.


Val's sister Julie

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Val and family...

Val my friend...as we have talked about before...a bump in the road...they come...but they also go!!! And this will also...

Lord we pray that you take Val in your arms and hold her tight...that you clear her body of all infection and pain. Touch her heart, mind, body and soul, Lord.
Give her courage and strength to cope and endure,
Give her faith and will to remember you,
Help her accept your loving care,
Help her receive your healing light.
Make her whole again.

We love you Val!!!

Kerry Randall

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our prayers are with you. We know that this infection too shall pass.

All our love and support,
The Ensor's

2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I just say that Val is the most amazing person I have EVER met. One minute at ER and a couple hours later knocking on my door to see if she could borrow a dress because she was thinking about going to her reunion tonight... Looking beautiful as always. Well Val I think you made the right choice by not going and just hanging out today, but you crack me up. I love you and am always here for you. Kelli

7:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Val,
I am encouraged by your strength and tenacity. I am sorry that you have to take this journey that has bumps in the road (I know this last one felt like a pot hole).
I pray for this infection to clear up soon.
Get all of the rest you can possibly muster and take good care of yourself. You need rest to heal your body so that it can repair itself and fight off infection.

I hope that you are feeling better soon!

Love,

Marianne

4:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Val, I pray that you are healing fast and that you can be free of infectin! I pray that your strength will stay with you during this time and that you are free of pain. Close your eyes and feel the power of our Lord working within you and in all the prayers you are recieving from everyone, everywhere. breathe deep and remember the cleansing feeling from the ocean air you and Chris felt that day at the beach with Tyler. There are more days like that to come! You are my friend. I love you! VP

9:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Val-

I want you to know I'm thinking of you all day today. After I left your house last night I came home and decided to go to bed early.

I kept thinking about our conversation and I prayed that you would have a restful nights sleep. I woke up frequently praying you were not in any pain. I hope you're feeling better today.

I leave tomorrow but will keep in touch during my meeting. Let me know if there is anything Steve and I can do to help.

I love you Val!
Deanna

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home