Sunday, June 11, 2006

The Race

I read this quote today and thought how appropriate this was for me...

Release...the regrets from yesterday
Refuse...the fear of tomorrow
Receive, instead...the peace of today

Lord,
You are the author of my faith... the One who initiated my relationship with you, the One who chose me. You are also the perfecter of my faith. How grateful I am for the confidence I can have that You began a good work in me and that you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. I praise you for your promise to rescue and protect me. You will be with me in times of trouble , deliver me and honor me. You will be with me forever.

Help me throw off everything that hinders me from complete trust in you. I want to run with perserverance the race set before me. For my sake, You endured the cross and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. That you would do all this for me is amazing. I praise your holy name.

Valerie
Praying Through Cancer-Susan Sorrensan

Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith. Hebrews 12:12

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your quote also Val. It is a good one for us all. I am hoping that you are feeling better today.
Every time I pass your house I say a quiet prayer and send lots of love to you and those adorable boys of yours.

Love, Jen Gaetani

5:02 PM  
Blogger Osil said...

Val,

Thank you for sharing this... I love it, and will treasure it! Thank you for inspiring us all!
Lets do something fun soon... like the beach or Kerry's pool! Hope you are having a great first day of summer vacation! It's so nice to have the kids at home isn't it? I miss seeing everyone, though.. so we'll have to be good about getting toghether still..

Love, Osil

9:31 PM  
Blogger The Mc Gee's said...

I came across your blog, and my attention was captured by your acknowledgement of our Great God and Saviour.
May you be blessed!
Ev. Frank Mc Gee ~

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home