Friday, May 26, 2006

CT Results

I went to USC yesterday to get the reading on my CT from 2 weeks ago. There was shrinkage in all the tumors and the lymph nodes and I also got a better idea on what needs to occur before I can get surgery. My cancer is predominately in my right lobe of my liver where there is a 6.7cm tumor and some other smaller ones as well there. In the left lobe there are some small tumors also. Dr. Lenz said if we can get rid of the tumors in the left lobe we can resect the right one. How obtainable that is will be up to the Chemotherapy working. So for now I continue on chemo, which I did not get yesterday because I had not slept the night before and I was so tired. My liver enzymes were up as well, so we postponed it a week. Nodules that never seem to change still show up in the chest CT but they still sway towards them being just nodules. They will keep an eye on them as we continue to shrink the others.

Tim Sharp is out of the hospital. Thank you Jesus!
Valerie

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

God is GREAT!!!!! I love you. VP

1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Val-

Hope you had a great Memorial Day weekend. It always seems to fly by too fast! I'm looking forward to catching up this week.

See you soon,
Deanna

7:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Val,
Your courage is truly inspiring. I would love to meet you someday. Our mutual friend, that AWESOME woman....Kelli Lawrence is the connection. I've been holding you close in my thoughts since last October. My family and friends send their good thoughts and prayers your way...every day!
In his love,
Michelle

6:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yippee!!! Great news!!! He's listening to all the prayers being said for you Val!!! And in His time...they will all be answered! God bless you always...

All my love,
Kerry Randall

11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"God did not make the first human because He needed company, but because He wanted someone to whom He could show His generosity and love. God did not tell us to follow Him because He needed our help, but because He new that loving Him would make us whole."

Irenaeus
c. 125 - c. 203

6:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Valerie
I met your mom at a swimming pool yesterday in Prattville AL. She seems like a great woman! I am in the midst of chemotherapy for breast cancer...your mom noticed my covered bald head and came over to talk to me. She prayed for me and I have added you to my prayers as we forge ahead together, with different diagnosis', through these unchartered waters. I too have young kids, 8 and 5, so I fight for my family's future, together and cancer free. I hope the Lord continues to bless you and hold you close to him.
Very Sincerely
Stacey C. in Prattville AL

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home