Saturday, April 15, 2006

Jesus Changes Everything

Pierhead Light. Saint Joseph, Michigan

When the stone was rolled against the door of the tomb, Mary of Magdala and Mary the mother of Joses are the only followers of Jesus reported to be there. Where are the twelve apostles? Where are all the men? Except for Joseph of Arimethea and Nicodemus who carried Jesus from Golgotha to the tomb, they are all hiding in fear.

Throughout history, it has always been the women who hold society together while the men tear it apart. Even during Jesus' trial, the wife of Pilate interceded on His behalf. Women, by nature, beloved, have an attitude that is much more in tune with the heart of God. Fearless, honest, compassionate.

Since the Sabbath began on the day of Jesus' death, everyone was required by the law to "rest" From Friday sunset until Sunday sunrise.

But these same two fearless women are found violating the law. Matthew tells us (28:1) that before dawn on Sunday they were back at the tomb to anoint Jesus' body for burial, clueless as to how they would remove the stone.

We can only wonder how they felt as they approached the tomb and saw the stone rolled away. Entering, they find a young man arrayed in a white robe sitting on the right. He utters the words that the universe has been waiting to hear. The words that change everything forever, "why seek ye the living among the dead? He is not hear. He is risen."

In an instant, everything is changed. Isaiah's prophecy is true. Jesus' announcement that He is the fulfillment is true. We are forever changed. No more shades of grey, only black and white. As these women fearlessly chose to stay close to Jesus, now we can do the same. And as you do, beloved, day by day you will see the truth of the hymnwriter's words;

TURN YOUR EYES UPON JESUS, LOOK FULL IN HIS WONDERFUL FACE. AND THE THINGS OF EARTH WILL GROW STRANGELY DIM. IN THE LIGHT OF HIS GLORY AND GRACE.

Jesus changes everything.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Everyone!

What glorious words on such a glorious day! Light came that morning when Mary Magdalene and the other Mary came to the tomb. The angel invited them in and said, "Do not be afraid ... He is not here; he has risen." (Matthew 28:5-6;) That light was not only the light of dawn, but was the light of the world, for He is true light -- "the bright Morning Star". (Revelation 22:16)

I thought my best Easter gift this morning would be sitting next to Osil, Val, Chris, and my family in church...little did I know that the day was to be blessed even further! All of us had an amazing opportunity to go and pray TOGETHER with an amazing man named Steve, who has an amazing faith, and several other people...JUST for dear Val. As we all sat in that circle...words of pure faith and strength were spoken. In those precious moments that we had...I UNDENIABLY felt our Lord with us...covering you Val and Chris. In those precious moments, without a DOUBT, I felt Him...letting us know that His Will will be done Val...for you...and you will be healed...you are going to be just fine!!!

This is an Easter I will never forget...it is a day that I will remember and carry with me always. And I thank you all...Osil, Val, Chris...for guiding me to this beautiful place. And I pray...

That Val and Chris and your whole family are full of peace...
That you feel our Lord's presence surrounding you every minute of every day...
That you SEE that winner's circle in sight...

Happy Easter...and thank you Lord...for all you have given for us!!!

All our love,
Kerry Randall

5:51 PM  
Blogger Osil said...

Dear Val, Chris and everyone;

I pray that you all had a blessed Easter Sunday together, and that you were as lifted up from our time in the Lord together during service as Kerry and I were... God is so awesome! I was praying so hard during worship for you, Val, and as I was praying I could see you being lifted up and held by our Lord and the power of the Holy Spirit resting upon you. Right then Kerry nudged my side; she said: Pastor Steve is getting some people together and we're gonna pray for Val! Wow! And what transpired next was a beautiful moment together in the Lord, His presence felt so strongly amongst us. I too felt such peace and strenght by it, and I know you did too, Val, you had a new glow about you, you had been lifted up and were being held once again by our good and faithful Lord, His Spirit resting upon you. Not that He ever left you, Val, He is always holding you up, but our Joy and Peace can so easily be robbed from us. I am so glad you came this morning, and I am so glad that you are my friend! I have come to love you so much, and appreciate you and who you are in Christ!

Dear Lord, surround our Val and her family with the peace that surpasses all understanding, Shine your light on her and through her, Lord, so that you can touch hearts wherever she goes. And when the seeds have been sown, may all glory be given to you by her miracoulous healing, so that all would know and see what a great and mighty God we have. In Jesus name, AMEN"

HAPPY EASTER!

Love, Osil

6:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Val,

I'm glad to see you had a wonderful Easter and where able to share it with your friends and family. As I have said before you're so incredibly loved and I thank God for all the people in your life that have supported you and lifted you up in prayer. The most precious gift is someone who prays for you. My dear friend- God is listening and we're praying! His love shines through your beautiful face and smile. He is in your heart and will carry you through this Val. Remember God says to delight yourself in Him and He will give you the desire of your heart.

I'm thankful you and your family enjoyed time together this weekend. It was so nice seeing Julie and your Mom the other day, it's been way too long.

I look forward to seeing you soon!

Love,
Deanna

9:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Dear Friend Valerie,
I trust that everything went well up at USC! My prayer is that this doctor will have some new innovative ideas for your treatment! I just want you to know that I love you and I am thinking about you this morning and I am praying for an ultiamte healing! I am sorry I haven't written more lately. I appreciate the heartfelt phone calls!!!!!!!!
Lots of Love,
Mary

7:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Val and Chris! Hope you had a good time in Las Vegas at Chris' work event!
Thank you so much for taking time to go and visit with my niece in the hospital! Again, you amaze me! All you have going on and you get a 2 day break from it all and you take the time to visit someone you don't even know in the hospital! That is truly an expression of Gods love! My niece and her family are morman, so as you prayed, you were also witnessing to her step-mother! Thank you for doing that! I was blessed the day God gave me our friendship!
Love,
Mary

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home