Saturday, April 08, 2006

Update

I am feeling good these days. On my off Chemo weeks, it is crazy what normal life I lead. Kids at the park, Costco runs, B-Day parties...etc. Then Monday comes on the week I am supposed to have Chemo and I start to prepare mentally. On some days I wish I could have "Ground Hog Day" everyday. Even though I would have to do the same day over and over, at least I could stay in the moment. Anyways, I did have my blood tested this week. The platelets look good but the White blood cells were down. My doc is not worried about is. She thinks it will come back up. I have Chemo on Thurs. this week. Theraspears have been put on the back burner for now. They can not do chemo at the same time so they want to wait for a while. We are looking further into risks etc... It can damage healthy liver as well. I am going to get an MRI on my next scan and my surgeon is going to review that MRI with the one I had in Oct 2005 to see exactly where I am at. So for now, I am on Chemo. I had a few good work outs this week. They take my mind off cancer and make me feel like I am in control of my body. I have been trying to do some imagery and meditation but so far I get so relaxed I fall asleep. I might have to try this sitting up. Thank for all the prayers and thoughts. I appreciate them so much. I was at a B-day party and was talking with someone who did not know me but was friends with one of my neighbors. She said she had been praying for me. It is very overwhelming the reach of the prayers. Thank you so much!
Val

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Val,
everyone is praying for you, the outreach is farther than you can imagine. I think of you everyday and hope you are feeling well. God Bless you.

2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Val,
I'm looking forward to spending some girl time with you tomorrow. Rest and relaxation is exactly what you need. I have been reading up on Alkaline/acid diets and look forward to learning what you have researched as well.

See you soon,
Deanna

3:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Val,

I am so glad that you are going with Deanna for some spa time tomorrow. I am looking forward to spending time with you both next month!
I miss handing out with you and just catching up.
I want you to know that you have brought me back to church. Ever since your diagnosis I have tried not to miss Sunday mass. You are in my prayers and I lit a candle for you today. You inspire me everyday.
I admire your courage, faith, strength and fortitude. You are going to get through this my friend.
Know that you are never far from my thoughts.

Marianne

5:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Val...

I hope you had a wonderful time at the spa today!!! I thought about you all day...hoping and praying that your time with Deanna was relaxing, fun and GIRLIE!!!

I know this week is tough for you mentally and physically. I would give anything to take the fear and anxiety away from you...I know someone who can!!! Our Father, Val...He can! Once again, I pray that with every breath you take in...you breathe in His strength and courage. And with every exhale...you release fear!!! With that...with Him...you need nothing else...

You will be in my prayers as always Val! I look forward to seeing you sometime this week! For now...take care my friend! God bless you always!

All my love,
Kerry Randall

8:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Val,

Yesterday was so fantastic and I want to thank you for spending the day with me. Like you said it felt like we were somewhere else on vacation.

Again you continue to amaze me. In our early morning meditation class when you asked the instructor, what is the difference in praying to Jesus and meditation, that sparked a conversation honoring God. As we discussed it's important to have discernment in those situations.

You looked so beautiful yesterday and had such a glow about you!

I will always remember us standing outside at your house in the rain looking up to the sky at the most incredible rainbow. And you standing on the wall shouting out to the Lord, "Hello Jesus" for everyone to hear. We both agreed it was the end to a perfect day.

Thank you Val for your friendship and beautiful heart!

I love ya!
Deanna

10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Val,

If my work schedule allows (and you know what that's like)I am going to try to drop in and spend a little time with you during treatment. Lars is out-of-town and won't be able to make it; but, I most likely will be there.

Missing you!
Lainie

7:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello fellow cancer neighbor - Finally had to time to check in after weeks of our lives being touched by cancer and just want you to know that we continue to think about you guys, pray for you guys and be inspired by your journey.

Thank you so much for your offer to help with the kids when we travel to SF for Leigh's appt. this next week. It is a new step for me to welcome offers of help as you and I discussed the other day. I accept with much appreciation...please allow us to return the favor!!!! PLEASE!

Love Your Neighb's,
Terri & Leigh Ensor

9:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Val,

I can't wait to see you! It has been way too long. I am sorry that my life, job,wedding etc. has kept me from visiting with you.
Ruth, Susy, Jossie,Sally & Liz all send their love and want you to know that they have been praying for you(love from the OC!)

I wish for you and your family a wonderful Easter weekend.

Happy hunting for Easter eggs.

Happy Easter,

Love,

Marianne

4:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home