Friday, June 16, 2006

Scan Results

Val and I went up to USC Thursday for her Chemo and Scan results. Dr. Lenz said “everything is stable and there is no new growth in the large tumor by the bile duct or any of the tumors”. This was a big relief. He was a little puzzled on how the bile duct could have pressure on it from the tumor but with out it increasing size. His explanation was that it can become denser inside and have more pressure. Val and I said as long as it’s not growing will take it. Going into the appt. we weren’t sure that we were going to get the news that we wanted. This scan was the first results of the current Chemo mix of Avastin, 5FU and Tarceva. The blood counts look good as well. Her Bilirubin is down and in normal range. Her Platelets are up above 100 and most other results are all in range. Dr. Lenz said there is no need to switch Chemo drugs when it’s working. He said with the blood results we could add one other drug or up the current mix. He thought it would be best to double the dose of Avastine to 10 mg, bring back the original dose of 5FU to 1800. With her side effects of the lower Lip feeling very burned now gone he said there should be no problem. For Tarceva it’s still one pill each night.

She seemed to be doing fine today. Also given that she has the 5FU pump on her. She puts it in her pocket and people think nothing of it since it looks like a baby bottle. She was up at 8:30 and was cleaning away. She brought the kids swimming and worked on a new picture frame that she is putting about 20 smaller pictures in. She even cleaned the entire up stairs and reorganized the playroom for the Kids. Tonight we went out to eat and walked around Cruising Grand, which is a big out door car show, and the Kids had a blast. Tyler our 22 month old is so funny lately. He just started to say No yesterday and he is making Val and I laugh all the time. We call him our “little Pistol”.

Val is just so relentless in this fight. She is by far the strongest woman I have ever met. She never complains and just goes. I’m so blessed to have such an incredible wife!!

Please pray for:
- She has continued strength during the increased Chemo Mix
- The stent continues to work and function perfect
- The disease / Tumors start to shrink in size
- She can have peace with her mind
- She can enjoy quality time with the kids over the summer

Thanks for everyone’s support and prayers. We are so lucky to have such incredible friends and support around in the time of need and I just want to say thanks for all the effort!!

-Chris

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris, you are an incredible couple and I knew it the first time we met and I knocked on your front door and saw the rock w/ the engraving that has your names on it. You are ment to be and just like that rock at your front door your love for each other is solid w/ God as your foundation. Love you guys! Have a GREAT summer. Love Val and Bill

8:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris,

I have witnessed many times over your love for Val. You have a twinkle in your eye when she walks into the room. You make each other laugh and you have been there every step of the way through this journey. When your back was out it didn't detour your support from attending each and every appointment she had. I even encouraged you to stay home and rest and you wouldn't hear of it. Your love for your wife is evident each day. She will get through this and with your support the road will be less bumpy.
I love you both!

Happy Fathers Day Chris

Love,

Marianne

9:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris & Val-
I have been a consistent visitor to your blog and thrilled to hear the good news. I have known you and Valerie a long time and there has always been magic between you two. You are the support she needs - thank you for sharing your update. I think of you two often and hope to see you soon. Hard to believe our 20 year high school reunion is this year - it was about that time I first met Val waitressing in Rancho Bernardo. She has always found a way to live life to the fullest, it is not surprise the fight inside is going strong. I am here thinking of you and praying for you both.

Wishing you a Happy Father's Day!

With love,

Amy V.

11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jesus take the wheel
Take it from my hands
Cause I can't do this all on my own
I'm letting go
So give me one more chance
To save me from this road I'm on
Jesus take the wheel

Val,
Every time I hear the words in this song, i think of you and your strong faith and Love in Our Lord. I know he is watching over you, and he is helping you heal. i pray for you everyday.

9:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Val and Chris-

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your weekend and I hope this evening is a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to hearing about the concert and will try to reach you tomorrow.

Happy Fathers Day Chris!

Love,
Deanna

5:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Val & Chris ~ I feel so lucky to live across the street from you and able to hang out with you and your family all the time. Val you look beautiful and you make the perfect couple... Love, Kelli

12:43 PM  
Blogger Caroline Stoufer said...

Dear McCreas-

So glad to hear your good news! And glad to hear that Val has so much energy.

I am headed to chemo this morning and my support group in Grand Junction.

I will keep sending those prayers!

-Caroline Stoufer

5:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home