Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Trip to USC

Went to USC today for a CT scan. My doctor wanted a scan even though it has only been 4 weeks. Last weeks stent situation has left him perplexed as to what is going on. I get the scan results Thursday when I go back up there and depending on the scan results I will either get the chemo I am on or discuss switching to something more aggressive now that my platelets have come up to 125.
Chris and I took baby Tyler with us to USC and Gavin and Ryan went to Lego Land with Dawn. On our way home from USC we stopped in San Clemente Beach around 5:30. It was so clear and so beautiful. There were no clouds in the sky. It felt good to breathe deep into my lungs the ocean air. We pushed Baby Tyler on the swings and watched him on the slide. Tyler loves the beach. He say's "beech, beech" like a 2 year old would say. This summer will be fun and Tyler will have many beach days! It was nice to have some alone time with Chris. There seems to be so much drama in our lives, even though I live with him and see him, I still miss him.
I love you Chris!
Val

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Val-
Thank you for sharing your day with us. Your words are very clear, you appreciate the little things: a beautiful day with your husband, a blue sky, watching Tyler swing, the ocean air.

God wants you to enjoy all His beauty and I know He was smiling down at you today. He wants you to feel His compassion and love. I pray that Thursday brings positive results and understanding.

Let me know if you need anything!

Love,
Deanna

8:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Val,

Isn't it great to take time to stop and smell the roses? It was so nice to hear that you had a wonderful time with Chris and Tyler at the beach. San Clemente beach is so beautiful. Breathing in that clean air is so healing. I pray that your CT scan comes back positive and that you can go on a chemo regimine that will continue to shrink and eradicate this disease.
Your husband loves you so much and I know that these last few months have been stressful for you and your family. You have a common goal to move through this difficult time. I am so happy that you can see through this and enjoy time with each other even for a little slice of God's beauty shown to you as evidence of the glorious ocean he created.
God is here with you everyday with open arms to embrace you and show you how much he loves you.
I miss you Val,
Love your friend,

Marianne

5:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Val, I can appreciate everything you shared with us. I am sorry that you are experiencing all this drama and I will pray that your life will smooth out and normalsy will take over with all your efforts to get through this. Please Lord let Val and Chris have healing and let them share this life together enjoing the family you have blessed them with. Lord hear our prayers for Val and let the efforts blossom into a long life of health and family for her. Val I love you and pray for you every day. Thank you for being YOU! Love, Val P

7:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you Val., I pray that you will get answers to what is going on. You are always in my thoughts and my prayers. Continue to be strong in our Lord Jesus Christ, I know he will not fail you.....

Love
Cheri

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home