Sunday, July 09, 2006

River Trip




We just returned from a week vacation at "Hidden Shores". This is a recreation park on the river close to Yuma. We stayed with some friends there at their house. It was very fun for our family. We used to own a house there and went very frequently. We towed our boat out there, which we have not used for 10 months. It was fun for the kids! It was 100 to 106 degrees. I felt pretty good most of the week. We relaxed, wakeboarded, ate good meals and hung out with friends (Mark and Steph). I get Chemo this next Thurs. I have had some pain for the last two nights. I still continue to struggle with taking pain medicine. It is not that I will not take it, it is just that is makes me sick. It is a whole ordeal just to take a pain pill and the patch makes me sick too. Then the pain just wears on me, so I continue to try to figure it out. We went to church this morning. Tyler will not stay in nursery so I had to hang with him but Chris said it was good. Usually Chris takes him but I gave him a break this week. Ryan and Gavin are in a soccer camp this week. It will be good for them. Hopefully is is not so hot this week. My sister is in town this week. It will be good to see her. Chris's birthday is July 11th. He will be 37. Happy Birthday Babe!!!!!!! We are going to celebrate it next Saturday.

(these pictures are at the river over the 4th)

One moment at a time,

Val

12 Comments:

Blogger Osil said...

Hi Val!!!

Seems like so long since I've seen you!!! I am so glad you guys had fun at the river, I love the picture of you behind the boat!! Seeing you like that, and even seeing you on a regular day, it is so unbelieveably hard to understand that you are dealing with cancer... you are the strongest woman I know.. and I know your strength comes from your Lord and Savior and His presence in you, and so that just makes me love Him even more. What a testimony you are of His faithfulness and Him sustaining us through all things here on earth. I went to church last night, and Chris is right, the sermon was awesome... I am so excited about the Lord and what He is doing in and around us all! Hope to see you soon!!! I miss you!!!

In Christ,
Osil :)

3:32 PM  
Blogger Osil said...

I forgot to tell you, I am so sorry that you have to deal with this pain... I will continue to pray for relief from that, and of course for the complete healing of your body!! It will happen, Goliath will go down...

3:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look incredible.....That muscle tone in your thighs...WOW...I know you hear it all the time but you are AMAZING...It is hard to believe that you feel BAD when you look that good....I think of you so much ...sometime running all week at work...kids and all that come with raising them and our business...Exhusting...I then think of you how much you are going through....Like Osil said "IT IS UNBELIEVABLY HARD TO UNDERSTAND THAT YOU ARE DEALING WITH CANCER"....You look AMAZING.... Please know that i read this Blog everyday you are in my prayers along with your family...
Your Grade School Friend...
Pat Stravalexis-Washington

11:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there baby doll! May God bless you with MANY MORE family weekends like that! Love you! VP

1:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Val!!!

You look absolutely amazing! You are one hot momma:) I am happy that you are enjoying your family. It looks like you had a great time at the river. You are an amazing person Val. I trully admire your strength.

Lots of hugs,
Beata

7:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Chris! So glad to see you all enjoying a family vacation. Sending all of you hugs and kisses....

Jenny G & family

9:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOUR AMAZING !!!!!
YOU LOOK AWESOME.
KEEP UP THE AMAZING FAITH YOU
HAVE..IT HELPS US ALL...
MISS YA `

8:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Val - One would never know by looking at these pictures that you are fighting a battle w/ your body right now. You look fantastic and your ability to keep going and living life to the fullest is such a great example for all of us.

May strength and courage continue to be on your side always!!!

10:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would just echo the others! You are amazing! I not only echo their thoughts but join with them in prayer.
In Him,
Ginny

12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The first thing I thought when I saw the picture of you water skiing is that it must be an old picture. You look incredible and it your strength and determination to beat this disease that makes you glow. You look healthier and more fit than most of us on our best days!!

3:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi guys! The pictures are awesome...you all look great!!! You look like you were having so much fun! I am so happy that you had the chance to go and hang out and RELAX!!!

Val...you are the most amazing woman...you inspire me on a daily basis...you make me smile and laugh...you are a joy to be around!!! The light of our Lord shines so brightly through you Val!!!

My prayers continue for you...I pray that relief from pain comes quickly to you!!!

We miss you and can't wait to catch up!!! God bless you always and I hope you have a GREAT time with Chris on Saturday!!! Happy Birthday Chris...enjoy!!!

Love,
Kerry Randall

11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Val & Chris,
We think of you every day. I have your family picture on my desk-what a beautiful family. You are so amazing Val and so fortunate to have the love and support of so many. Our prayers are with all of you. Love, Dan McCrea & family

7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home