Monday, September 04, 2006

A Heart of Love

Thank you for the Birthday messages! Val took me to Fish House Vera Cruz for a great birthday lunch of wild salmon. As we were talking, she wanted me to open my gift. She said, "Oh, this is just something I picked up for you." I began to open it and realized it was in a red wooden box. H-m-m-m! What? I opened the lid to find a diamond heart necklace. Amid tears, she helped me get it out of the box and put it on. I noticed the heart was longer on one side of the curve than the other creating a space at the bottom. I asked her about it and she said to me, "Mother never close your heart to God, He loves you and is faithful." She might have said something after that but I just didn't hear her. I knew that that moment would stand out in my heart and mind for the rest of my life and that I would treasure the heart necklace forever.

The love that Valerie and I share as mother and daughter is more than I can put into words. It is heart felt, emotional and binding. It is God given. I've seen her in pain and my physical heart feels like it is breaking.

But this love does not come close to the love that God the Father has for us. God is the personification of love. He is the originator and orhestrator of love. When we accept Christ into our life and abide with Him, His love flows through our veins. John 4:10-11"In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation (paid the penalty) for our sins. Beloved, if God loved us, we also ought to love one another." We learned yesterday that God loves His people to the "eis telos" to the fullest extent and to the end. We are given this direction:

I John 3:23 "And this is His commandment, that we believe in the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, just as He commanded us."

I received an anniversary card that had a great verse on it. I cut it out, framed it and put it beneath our wedding picture. After 41 years of marriage, I still need to be reminded.

Ephesians 5:2 "Walk in Love."

For all of you that pray for the McCrea family, we are so thankful. I wish I could personally put my arms around each of you. When you pray, God acts. Her prayer requests are:

  • Val would heal quickly from the surgery
  • That her pain can be controlled
  • Her cancer continues to be under control
  • Gain the weight back that she lost (about 15 pounds)
  • Ryan and Gavin would have a great start at Valley Bible (kindergarten and first grade)
  • Keep infection at bay as she rebuilds her immune system
  • She could have chemo in 2 weeks
  • That the need for stent replacement can be put off
  • Chris and Val to attend their Thursday night small group
  • Her energy level would increase
  • Chris would stay healthy
  • That God would keep them loving Jesus and each other

Gavin prays, "Jesus, heal the cancer in mom's belly." We cry out, "Oh please Lord, heal her."

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh My God you touch me!!!,, and I mean Jesus "YOU" touch me through this family. the love You have given them and how confident they are with You in this challenging time. Thank you Lord Jesus for giving me the time to care for Val and feel your love through her and her family. Thank You Jesus for being YOU! Nancy you are great and Val is lucky to have such a focused family. I love you Val and think of you all the time. Hope and pray for your healing! Love Val P

6:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Nancy and Hello McCrea Family! We hold all of your prayer requests up high and know that they are answered by God.

I will remember the story of the heart necklace always!

Love,
The Ensor's

2:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Val,
What a beautiful sentiment from you to your mother on her birthday. Mother's are such precious gifts to us from God. I love what you said to your mother when you gave her the necklace. You truly are an inspiration to me. Today, tomorrow....always.

See you next week :)

Love,

Marianne

3:22 PM  
Blogger Caroline Stoufer said...

Dear McCreas-

My husband and I will be in Denver on business Sept. 13th - 18th. Is your aunt there. Would she mind if we looked her up? You can e-mail us at buckskin@ouraynet.com.

Otherwise, we are keeping you in our prayers. Loved the story about you and your mother! My mother is gone, but yesterday I visualized hugging her.

-Caroline Stoufer

8:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too am also deeply touched as I read the blog entries. I was ready to dance a jig and turn cartwheels when I saw Val, Chris, Gavin and Ryan heading for the kindergarten class today. In a previous blog I said that I couldn’t wait to see Val’s beautiful smile. I was not disappointed. Val, you were radiant – shining with Christ’s love. Thank you Lord for answering our prayers that Val would be there for that first day of school. Dear Lord we look forward to the day when Val is totally healed. Val, you are amazing! I don’t know how you were feeling today, but you were beaming. I loved seeing you come to pick up Gavin after school. We will not cease until our prayers of supplication turn into prayers of thanksgiving for your total healing.
Love,
Ginny

5:48 AM  
Blogger Osil said...

Dear Val;

As I was praying for you today, the Lord gave me this verse for you... I will be praying this verse for you day in and day out until you are completely healed and set free!!! There is power in the word of God...

Psalm 40; 1-3
Lord Jesus; Val has been waiting patiently and expectantly for You; and You have inclined and heard her cry. You will draw her up out of this horrible pit, (a pit of tumult and of destruction), out of the miry clay, and set her feet upon a rock, steadying her steps and establishing her goings. And you Lord, will put a new song in her mouth, a song of praise to You, our GOD. Many will fear (revere and worship) and put their trust and confident reliance in you, Our Lord."

Praying for complete healing and restoration. Lord, breathe new life into Val today...

Love, Osil:)

12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Val and Family,
I am in complete tears as I read this blog. Such a beautiful story that we will remember always. Thank you so much for sharing it with us...and thank you for teaching us so much about our God! The love you, Nancy, share with Val...with all of your children is, well, I am at a loss for words to describe it! You and your whole family love the way that our Lord wants us to love one another. You all shine with His love and it is clear for all of us to see! You are all beautiful!

We went to our small group tonight and prayed and sang glorious songs for Val, Chris, and the boys tonight. As I left group tonight, you were all on my heart. We would lay down our lives in order to take this all away from you.

We will pray UNCEASINGLY to our Lord for you...we will be relentless in asking Him to restore you and Chris to complete health. Lord, I pray this night for the McCrea family...I lift each of them up to You. I pray that they know the insatiable love that You have for them and that they feel it surrounding them. Lord, renew their minds and spirits.

In Isaiah 41:10, our Father says, "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Lord, pour out your strength and grace on the McCrea family...bring only peace to them.

Lord, we know all things can be done in and through You...we pray all of this in Your Name...all for Your glory...

Love,
Kerry Randall

11:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Val,

I want you to know how much I am looking forward to seeing you on Sunday. I know that these times are challenging for you but please know that I am always here for you...even if 3,000 miles away.

You are near and dear to my heart.

You will get through this procedure and I will be there to help. You are going to sail through this Val.


See you Sunday,

Love,

Marianne

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home