Sunday, August 20, 2006

Kyrie Eleison


Latin for "Lord have mercy", Steve Amerson wrote and sings this praise song. Tonight, this is the cry of our heart. Kyrie Eleison, Lord have mercy.

In Psalm 139, David praises God for creating Valerie and confesses how vast and continuous His thoughts are for Valerie. Valerie is the apple of God's eye. "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!"

O God Most High, why are we cast down? Why has the darkness surrounded us so? We are helpless unless you intervene. Please be present tonight in Room 700 at Scripps Memorial. Please give Val and Char a good night's sleep. Please relieve the severe pain in Val's abdomen. Please clear the obstacles preventing a transfer to Cedars Sinai. Please give the doctors wisdom in treating Val's swollen gall bladder. Please make Dr. Simon Lo and Dr. Nick Nissen available for the procedures necessary. Please give Dr. Lenz at USC the wisdom to respond to my e-mail. Please help all of us to pace ourselves as we support Val.

And most of all, O God Most High, please do not let us lose heart and begin to question whether you really care or if you are really there.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our hearts are filled with Love for you Val! GET WELL MY FRIEND. If I could put my hands on you and steel this cancer away from you I would. If I could take away all of your fears and wipe away this infection I would. Being so far away has not kept my heart from being consumed by your illness. I have you in my mind everyday. I will pray that you are well soon and at home with your boys in your arms again. Love You! Val P

7:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Val and Family,
God is:
the shepard who guides,
the lord who provides,
the voice who brings peace in the storm,
the physician who heals the sick,and the banner that guides the soldier. My family prays for yours. God please wrap your healing hands around Val. Take away her pain and her cancer. Watch over her children and remove their fear. Give their Mommy and wife back to them as good as new.
and Val,Thankyou for giving me the strength to see things a little clearer each day. In you name I pray! Amen.
The Webb Family

8:28 AM  
Blogger The Roberts Family said...

Val, My deepest prayers are with you. I pray for your pain to be removed, I pray for healing. I pray that you will soon be back at home with your beloved family. God IS with you, ALWAYS! Even when we feel so alone and abandoned-please keep faith.He IS with us!

8:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Val,

You are very near and dear to me.
I am praying that your operation goes effortlessly and that they get to the root of this and eliminate your pain. I miss you and wish that I could be there to help.

I will be there soon. Please get your rest and try not to worry about the procedure or the extraneous things that you can't control. Focus on healing and resting your body.

You are in my prayers everyday.

Love,

Marianne

8:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Valerie, Keep on beleiving. You are his beloved child. I love what the Webb Family wrote. GOD IS THE SHEPARD WHO GUIDES, THE LORD WHO PROVIDES, THE VOICE WHO BRINGS PEACE IN THE STORM, THE PHYSICIAN WHO HEALS THE SICK, AND THE BANNER THAT GUIDES THE SOLDIER.
listen......for his voice.......
we are praying for you and your whole family. we love you.......

9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prayers from across the road...

Love,
The Ensor's

10:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Val:
I am thinking and praying for you each day.Larry, Maxx and I wish you well!!! I hope each day brings you closer to better news and feeling better.You are a ray of sunshine and a strong spirit!!!
Maybe when Marianne is in California we can see each other.
Luv;
Ruth

1:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If i could take away your pain I would do it in a minute. Hang in there and be not afraid, he is holding you in the palm of his hand. Peace be with you...

6:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Valerie,

Our prayers and love are with you constantly. We hope your pain is alleviated soon and you can return home to your loving family. We think of you each and every day and wish we were there to help.

Much love and prayer,

Matt, Sara & Jack Kellogg

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home