Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Blood Infection

Val has a blood infection and will remain at Scripps La Jolla probably for the rest of the week. Hopefully she will be released by Thursday. She surely has been through the ringer. Please pray that this infection clears quickly. Pray her, pain, nausea, and headaches can be managed well. The doctors have identified the bug (thankfully) and they are being aggressive with the antibiotics and are taking good care of her. Pray for physical and spiritual strength as she fights this infection. As you all know Val is very tough. God has given her a special measure of grace to fight this battle.

Pray for Chris and the boys as well as this is tough for them too. We are all so thankful to hear so many praying for Val. She is in room 700 at Scripps Memorial Hospital in La Jolla so if you want to send her a well wish please call her at 858.626.6700. She would love to hear from you and it would certainly raise her spirits.

You know that sitting in a hospital for days on end could make a person a little stir crazy.

Thank you for your kind words, thoughts, and prayers.

Julie

1 Comments:

Blogger Osil said...

Val and family...

Val, it was soooo nice to hear your voice today, after being so worried and anxious all day - and as always (!) you calmed my spirits right down. You are the strongest person I know - even when you are weak.. I know you are clinging to Jesus right now - allowing Him to be strong for you, and His strong presence in your weakness, overcame my fear and my worries. You are amazing!!! You will overcome this, too, Val.. Hang in there, and get well! I need you next to me in church!
(you have to sit next to me in church next time, not behind me.. that way you can't make fun of me!!)

Lord Jesus, please send your angels to guard over Val tonight - that they may minister to her through her pain, as they ministered to you through your pain in the garden of Getsemany. Make your presence known to her through the peace that only you can bring, Lord, the peace that surpasses all understanding. Bring your healing quickly, Lord, to your daughter that you love so very much. And all Glory will be given to you forever and ever.
I found this beautiful piece online - and I wanted to share it. It reminded me of you Val, and the hope that is in you always...

http://www.legacyofhope.org/brians_song.mid

(I think if you copy the link into your browser, it should work!)

Nancy, Julie, Richard, Chris, please let me know if there is anything I can do to help this week, and let Val know she can call me anytime day or night if she needs someone... I can just read to her over the phone or something. I wouldn't want her to have to watch wrestling in the lobby again...

Jesus said: "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you, not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."

Love you guys!! Praying for you constantly!!

Osil :)

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home