Thursday, August 17, 2006

Klebsiella Pneumonia

The bacterial blood infection that Val has is called Klebsiella Pneumonia. http://www.personalmd.com/news/klebsiella_102299.shtml

Most likely this infection originated in the bile ducts, but to be safe she will have to have her port removed and another one inserted. She will remain at Scripps La Jolla until she is stabilized... hopefully by the weekend and then Val will be transferred to Cedars Sinai Hospital in L.A. Dr. Lo (the best in his field) will do the stent replacement procudure and drain the fluids that have made it so easy for her to get infections.

Val is still suffering from the symptoms of this infection which include fever, chills, nausea, headache and body aches. Please pray that these things subside and that the infection will quickly clear up so she can get up to Cedars. Our mom, Nancy, will park herself up there in a hotel until Val is able to come home.

We know that God goes before us and never leaves Val's side. This is our hope and our confidence. Pray for rest, peace, and healing for Val. This is the longest she has been away from her boys, so please pray for the whole McCrea family during this time.

Thank you for the prayers and encouragement for Val.

Julie

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dear friend Val,
You are in our thoughts everyday.
We are praying for you and your whole entire family. Stay strong, my friend, you are an AMAZING CHILD OF GOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Val! I'm writing on behalf of the Fontes family... we've been reading this blog to keep up to date on your progress, and pray for your continued strength and well-being. You have a beautiful family and clearly have the best support anyone could ever ask for! Take care, and may God continue to bless all of you. Kristin Fontes

1:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Val,

I miss you!

I am glad that Dr. Miller has found the root cause of these infections. This will enable you to get better soon. I am so sorry that your stay in the hospital has to be extended. I know how you dislike being there and away from Chris and the boys.
This will pass Val. Next week when you have the new stent in place you will feel better.
Remember that this is temporary and that you will feel better soon.

I am praying for a speedy recovery and am anxious to see you soon.

Love to you,

Marianne

4:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris, we are praying that Val get's to a recovery stage quickly and is back home with you and the boys soon. All of our Love to you!.....Lord let Val be in recovery and let all of our prayers continue to strengthen her spirit as she waits for healing. Lord keep her safe during procedures and give Val's parents and Husband strenghth to get through this peacefully...Amen! Love Bill, Val, Liam and Claire

10:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God's Boxes

I have in my hands two boxes,
Which God gave me to hold.
He said, "Put all your sorrows in the black box,
And all your joys in the gold."

I heeded His words, and in the two boxes,
Both my joys and sorrows I stored,
But though the gold became heavier each day,
The black was as light as before.

With curiosity, I opened the black,
I wanted to find out why,
And I saw, in the base of the box, a hole,
Which my sorrows had fallen out by.

I showed the hole to God, and mused,
"I wonder where my sorrows could be!"
He smiled a gentle smile and said,
"My child, they're all here with me.."

I asked God, why He gave me the boxes, - Why the gold and the black with the hole?
"My child, the gold is for you to count your blessings,
The black is for you to let go."

Just remember to let go and God will! Be well Val & McCrea Family!

Love, The Ensor's

12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Val,
We are all praying for you through this difficult time. May God give you all the strenth and courage you need to get through each day. May the lord take away all the pain, and put your body at ease. We are all here for you Our beautiful Child of God
We Love you
Cheri and Family

5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home