Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Hello!!!

Just a quick update. I have been feeling better. I think I under estimate how long it takes to recover from illness. I have never been a sick person before. In fact I was always the one that never got sick so I have little experience w/ surgery etc... It takes a while to come up to speed. I continue to gain weight and the feeling of just being over tired has been going away unless I over do it like yesterday-went to moms in touch, then breakfast, then returned shoes to Nordstrom, then the park with Tyler, then home for 30 minutes, left to pick up my boys from school, came home made pasta sauce, took Ryan to soccer practice, came home had dinner, had a visitor for dinner, put kids to bed and was exhausted. Now I am tired today but Dawn (my baby sitter is here till 6:30pm today) and I was able to take an hour nap around lunch time. I worked out w/weights today and rode the bike for 10 minutes. I know working out makes you stonger. Working out is one thing I do know about. I miss it a lot. There have been a lot of incedible things going on in my life. God is definitely at work.
Valerie

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi back at ya girlfriend!

I miss you Val. I am so happy to hear that you are working out again. I know how much you love it and I know how good it is for you. You are right in that it takes time to recover from surgery, stent placement surgery, etc. You are getting stronger each and every day. Keeping strong mentally is equally important and you have that in you. You have a light in you that is visible for all to see. I cannot ever remember you even catching the flu or a cold. I know that this situation gets old and that you want to see results now. But remember, you CAT scan showed no new growth in your tumors. That is so huge! You know that God is working with you and it is evident each day if you stop and listen. It is in your child's voice, your neighbors smile, your mom, dad, husband, family, friends love for you.
I believe in you Val. I believe that you will beat this.

Keep on keeping on..............

Love,

Marianne

5:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great News...what else do you need from all of us out here? We are by your side 24/7 - not only in prayer but we all want to help in any way possible! Just say the word. And yes, we agree, God is realy good....

:)

5:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Val,

Was that you I saw at the soccer game even 2 weeks ago!! It does take a long time to recover from any surgery, so cut yourself some slack. I love that you are working out. I'm looking for you outside.
We are praying for you every day.
Janice

8:08 PM  
Blogger Osil said...

My dear Val...

I heard something awesome yesterday on the radio about true worship and the sweetest kind of worship - the kind that comes in hard times. When you can stand and lift your voice and your arms to our Lord and praise Him in this storm, that must be the sweetest fragrance to Him. You are amazing, and I am learning so much from you, especially about being bold for Him, and allowing Him to work through you. You are a city on a hill, Val, a beautiful sight for tired and weary friends... Rest in the Lord today, take it easy, draw near to Him... Healing WIll come, it is already happening! And for all those of you who haven't seen Val in a while... She looks AMAZING!! and she definetely has that Val Spunk back...

I love ya man!!!

Osil:)

9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Val,

Hope your resting comfortably. The most important part of recovering from your overdoing it is recognizing it. Glad to hear you know it and a wish for you is to settle your mind, body and spirit. Enjoy the silence.

Love to you and your family-

Jenny G

9:33 PM  
Blogger Caroline Stoufer said...

Val-

Just a note to say that I'm thinking about you and so glad you are feeling better. I don't know how you do it, especially with three kids. I am bad about not slowing down when I should, but I am learning!

Your fellow CC fighter,
Caroline

1:02 PM  
Blogger Caroline Stoufer said...

Val-

Just a note to say that I'm thinking about you and so glad you are feeling better. I don't know how you do it, especially with three kids. I am bad about not slowing down when I should, but I am learning!

Your fellow CC fighter,
Caroline

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home