Monday, June 04, 2007

Char's Tribute To Val

This picture was taken in December of 2005. Char, Michael, Chris, and Val are leaving Carlsbad Airport for Santa Monica. Nancy and I met them the next day at Cedars Sinai for a meeting with Andy Klein, Nick Nissen, and Noam Drazin.

I heard unconfirmed rumors of an upscale hotel and a night of shopping on Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills.

Char always felt a special bond with Val. From the outside, one could see that they were kindred spirits. Look at the picture. They even look alike.

Char brought so much to our battle. Her compassion and ability to make things happen. To knock down barriers and cut to the chase. Her Time. Her money.

Thanks Char. God Most High has not missed your involvement in our dear Valerie's life. I am sure she speaks highly of you to the Lord Jesus.

Click on the link below and enjoy!

Click here for video

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Char,

Val always used to say to me my Aunt Char is the bomb! You just have to meet her. I wish it was under better circumstances that we first met. When I first met you, Val had been just 2 weeks diagnosed. I came into the kitchen and you had a great big smile on your face. Both you and Nancy were doing the dishes and you were both ready to face this demon head on. I on the other hand was scared and ready to let the tears go when Val got real close to my face and said "there will be none of that" I realized in that moment Val's strength and capacity to fight. I was on her side and I believed if anyone could beat this Val could. Char you took charge right from the start gaining access to physicians, procedures, phone conferences etc. You were the captian of this ship and it was set to sail.
In the last days of Val's life you were there by her side. She admired you Char and carried a special place in her heart for you.

Take care,

Love,

Marianne

8:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Char,
I agree with everything Marrianne said. Valerie was always talking about you and how cool you are! She admired your business sense!
You were awesome through her battle! You were clear eyes when the rest of ours seemed blurred (from the tears no doubt) Thank you for being such a blessing to her, your brother, the rest of the family, and to all of us, her friends, on the sidelines dilligently praying.
Love,
Mary Lockrem

7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home