Monday, June 11, 2007

Dark Days


These are Dark days for everyone whose lives were enriched by Val's presence. It is especially hard when we listen to the sound of silence in the McCrea house on Via Vera Cruz. The only word to describe it is "empty". It just doesn't seem right. Val should be here with us. Why wouldn't God zap all the monsters running around our world killing people and leave our beloved Val?

Habakkuk had the same question. He saw only injustice, violence, and evil in Israel. But God was silent and invisible. Why was there no answer when he cried out for help? How long Habakkuk waited for God's response we don't know. But Listen to God Most High as he answers Habakkuk and us;

Then the Lord replied:

"Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and not delay......The righteous shall live by faith."

It is impossible for me to see God's plan at work in the loss of my daughter. But this one thing I know; the future belongs to God.

And at the end, Habakkuk's prayer should be the cry of our heart;

"Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet will I rejoice in the Lord. I will be joyful in God my Saviour."

Gavin and Ryan had their end of the year graduations at Valley Bible Church last Friday. Chris' cousin Lisa, a dietician from Denver, was in to visit. Chris and the boys were dirt bike riding Saturday. Pray for Chris. He is trying to close some big business deals this week. Nancy and I went to the fair yesterday. I couldn't talk her into eating rattlesnake. Julie is coming down on the 21st. I think Gavin is going back with her to spend some time in San Luis Obispo. Tyler continues to be checked out on grandpa. Chris and the boys are planning a motor home trip to Colorado soon.

Here is a clip of some comments from Nancy and Julie at Val's Memorial Service:

Click here for video

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We continue to pray for all of you to get through the "dark days". Although we cannot full understand God's reasons for taking your beloved we will pray for the strength and healing to restore some amount of joy in your lives. The joy may come from the time you spend with your precious grandsons. The glimpses of Val in each and everyone of them. Or perhaps comfort will come from the love you of Val's many beautiful friends that are now your friends too.
So very sorry for the pain you must feel everyday, but take comfort in knowing you are being prayed for and loved my many.
Peace and love to you all.

9:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My hearts cry is for your hearts to be filled up during this difficult time! Your daughters "bigger than life" mentality leaves us all here missing her and in a quandry, doesn't it!?! I too am sad my dear friends! You raised such an awesome women that my life without her has a void! I know God (and Val) want us to continue on doing HIS work but there are days that one foot in front of the other does seem insurmountable! Thank you for sharing your thoughts, they are a treasure to many!
In HIS GRIP ALWAYS,
Mary

7:19 AM  
Blogger Shan said...

Once again, thank you for inspiring me and reminding me to rejoice in the Lord always! And again, even though I don't personally know your family I pray for you often! God bless you and thank you for uplifting me with your thoughts ~ Shannon

9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not a day goes by that Val doesn't enter my mind. I was driving across the George Washington Bridge into New York last week when the song from her funeral came on the radio. It was a mainsteam station and I had never heard the song on the radio before. It had been cloudy and just as the sun was peaking through the clouds the song "I can only imagine" came on the radio. I felt like Val was right there with me. It was very peaceful and sad at the same time. I frequently want to reach out and pick up the phone and call her. I just really miss my friend.

I feel for your entire family and Chris and your boys. I know that children deal with grief in different ways from adults but I know that they miss Val terribly. She was bigger than life. She was so confident and so full of joy. She made friends easily and in abundance. She was a wonderful wife and mother. It was important to her to be the best mother she could be.

I pray for all of you that your pain turns into joyful memories of Val.

Thank you for sharing the blog with us.

Love,

Marianne

3:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing. I was having a blue day and I always know I can get inspired and lifted up by reading this blog. I may cry tears for all of you and it makes me feel better, but I know your pain continues and I am sorry for that. Words can't express....Only God knows...

3:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We feel the silence but also see the laughter in the kids and the will to move forward. Our hearts are with you...The Ensor's

4:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss my Dad so much and its been 11 months. I want to do something special after one year. I want to do something so no one will forget him. I feel the same hurt that you feel now. I am so very sorry.

10:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris,

Happy Father's Day to you! You are a wonderful father to your 3 boys and I know how much they love you. You have done a wonderful job raising your boys and it is the most important job you will ever do. I know that Val is looking down at you smiling as you have moved forward with dignity and grace.

I am looking forward to seeing you the week of the 25th!

Love,

Marianne

4:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris,
God chose you to be with Val, and God chose you to be a father. He knew his plan for Val, and he knew you were the one that would have the strength to go on without her and take care of those boys. We don't always understand God's ways, but he knew what he was doing when he made you Tyler, Gavin and Ryan's Dad. God Bless you on fathers day. Keep strong.

10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Father's Day to you Chris and to Richard also! As you move forward and heal I am sure Val is looking down and smiling upon your family. She would certainly want to see the joy return to all of your hearts.
May the Lord pour down abundant blessings to all of your family today and ever more.

7:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris and Mr. Sloan,
Happy Father's Day to you both!! We pray that you had a great day and please know that we are always thinking of you!!

Love,
Maricris and Virgil Enriquez and Kids

11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home