Thursday, October 25, 2007

Happy Birth Day Val






I know it’s been a while since I last Blogged. It seems like I’m running so hard just to keep up. It was Val’s Birth Day on Tuesday the 23rd,so the boys and I went there to visit. The Grave marker was just installed late last week and took forever to finish. I’m very happy how it turned out and the picture of Val looks great. The pictures are from Oak Hill Cemetery. The Cemetery was actually closed from the fires but I called and begged my way in. I have been planning this for some time with all the boy’s and we had flowers, balloons and I have not seen the marker installed so they let us in. As you can see from the pictures the sky was very Smoky from the fires.

The fires are unbelievable! We were evacuated from the house. A neighbor called and said get out ASAP and then I received the reverse 911 call telling us we had to leave as well Monday morning around 2:00am. It was just over the hill from us and you could see the flames and smoke. The winds were 40 plus and it was crazy to say the least. The fire never came down the hill and lucky the winds sent it more Southwest. If the winds were different I’m sure we would be in a hotel right now. It’s been so smoky since Monday morning it’s hard to breath.

Dawn the Nanny for the last three years moved on last Friday. She received a Paralegal Degree 4 months after Val was diagnosed but never left because it would have been to hard for us. She has been awesome and we wish her the best. The New Nanny is Kristine she worked with Dawn for the last two weeks together and took over this week. The boy’s are out of school the entire week from the fires so she is getting broken in right away. We are all very worried about Tyler and the Transition. It has to be so hard for him, he lost his Mom 6 months ago and now Dawn. Dawn was there since birth. He seems to be doing really good and really likes Kristine. I’m trying to give him extra love and attention as well. He is now potty trained and doing very well with big boy underwear. I’m so proud of him. He has been asking for Mom a lot. Even this morning he looks at lotions in the bathroom and say’s that is Mom’s, let’s go see her. Let’s go to heaven. He asked where’s her old Body and let’s go dig it up. I was trying to reason with him but he asked twice to go to heaven to see Mom. It’s so hard not to start crying and tell him that you want to go as well and why can’t we both leave right now. I just keep telling my self that God has a plan and that me and the Boy's will be stronger from it.

Ryan and Gavin have been doing well. They seem to be very happy. Ryan is really reading much better lately.

The weekends and evenings are still very difficult. I still want to call her or open the door and share my day! I still can’t believe this is reality. I look at the pictures and think back on all the good memories we had together. I’m so blessed to have such great kids and work is doing well. I’m very busy, which I guess is good.

Thanks again for all the continued support!!!!

-Chris

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris & Family ~

I thought about Val on the 23rd remembering from the earlier blog's I'd read that it was her birthday and was hoping to see an update, so thank you. What your family has endured these passed few years has affected me so much with my family and outlook on life. Every time I loose my patience with the boys or they bring me to my wits end - it is Val that I think of and it helps me keep my perspective. Those pictures brought me to tears, and I think about your family A LOT and how life is going on for you and your boys. Thanks for walking through this with so many people - probably more than you'll ever know - who care deeply about you and your loss and are constantly praying for the Peace that passes understanding for your family.

Much love in Him ~

Debbie

2:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris:

Nancy and I were at Oak Hill yesterday. You did a great job on the bronze marker. We both were very appreciative. I think this is actually the first comment I have written on the blog. It feels pretty good. We are thinking about taking the kids to church on Weds nights if that works for you. Lets get moving on your heli. I am finally coming up the learning curve!

Richard

6:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris,

I think of you often and keep you in my prayers daily. I always considered both you and
Val my friends. I feel your pain because you are my friend and I care about you and the boys. Val wound want you to go on. She loved you with all of her heart and would want you to move forward and find peace. With 3 little boys under 8 these times will be tough. But look for the silver lining in each day. Val is shining down on you and loving you and her boys. She was a wonderful wife and mother that will never change. She will always be with you in your heart.

Remember you never walk alone Chris. We walk this journey with God.

Please keep in touch with me!

I miss you,

Your friend always,

Marianne

5:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought of Val right away when I woke up on the 23rd. I told my family that it was her birthday. I said a special prayer for all of you that morning. I prayed for extra strength and peace for you as I knew it would be a difficult day.

Val taught us how to live, and Val taught us how to die. Val will always be in our hearts, and the memories we all have of her are just a thought away. Those thoughts and memories always bring a smile to my face.

Thank you, Chris, for the blog and the updates. You and the boys, as well as the entire Sloan family are in my prayers so much. Continue to let us know how you are doing and if you need anything. We are happy to help however needed!

Love,
Christina Earwicker

9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris,
So nice to read your blog and see an update! I am happy you were able to get into the cemetary. It was closed when I called! I prayed for her and all of you on that grey and smoky day!
Love,
Mary

9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris,

i think about you and the boys all the time. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about my friend. I miss her terribly.

you did an amazing job with the grave marker; I can see God's hand in the beautiful layout and the detail that went into it is so touching to look at. I know Val would love how you put so much time and thought into it....it truly is beautiful as Val is!!!!!

Thank you for sharing this special day with us, it means a lot to all who love Val and her family.

Love,
Deanna

2:30 PM  
Blogger Betty Johnson said...

Chris -
Thanks for the update and the pictures; the boys are adorable and I know they must be such a tremendous blessing to you. My problem is this unbelievable loneliness; send the boys my way if you need a break!!!! Val's marker is beautiful. Take care.
Betty

6:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Val! I check the blog from time to time and it all still seems so unreal.

From afar, across the road, I see a Dad, you Chris, who is very involved with his kids, who still knows how to laugh, who has stepped up to the plate and is doing one heck of a job.

Thanks for taking the time to share with us.

The Ensor's

9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris,
It was so awesome to spend time with you, Ryan, Gavin and Tyler out at the river. Your Motorhome is awesome...what a great way to spend time with the kids. When is your next trip out there??? remember you are always welcome at our house. :)
Not a day goes by when I don't speak or think about Val ...last night it was a dream and I've been thinking about you all day! Reece asked a lot of questions about Val and heaven the other night and fell asleep with tears in her eyes.
Thanks for sharing the most recent pictures. You are an awesome Dad! Remember that...Val would be very proud!!!!! Hope to see you soon.
With Love,
Jody

7:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not a day goes by where I do not think of you and your loving family. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ryan, Gavin and Tyler,

I want you to know how very much your mom loved you. Even though she isn't with you physically, she is looking down on you and smiling. I know that you miss her very much and it is hard not to have her with you each day. You are all wonderful boys and your mother was very proud of each of you. She used to tell me how smart you are Ryan and how handsome she thought you were. She enjoyed styling your hair each morning before school to get your hair style just right before she drove you to school. Your mom always knew you would be good in all sports that you tried and told me that you had a natural ability with athletics. And Gavin your mom always told me how sweet you were and that you had such a tender caring heart. She talked about what a good athlete you were and how quickly you learned things in school. Little Tyler you were her angel. She loved having another new baby and loved that you had two older brothers to look out for you. She was a very proud mother of all three of you boys. She always shared wonderful stories about each of you to me and was always laughing and smiling. She loved your dad and was proud of him too. She wanted you to be good boys to each other and to always look out for one another at school and in life.

Your mom was the strongest woman I have ever known. She was a good friend with a kind heart.

It was so good to see all of you. You will always hold a special place in my heart. I hope to get back soon to see you again.

Love,

Marianne

6:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris,

You dont know me but I was a childhood friend of Valeries I lived down the street from them she was always such a wonderful person even from her childhood and I was saddened to hear that she had passed, my sincerest condolences to you and your family.

Jim Meidinger

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home